A lot of good ideas in this thread.

I want to throw out a couple of words of caution when we think about changing rally locations.

For starters we need consider all the other motorcycle clubs that get together in the magnificent areas that have been suggested here. BMW groups and Harley groups in particular have multiple clubs in most every state and dominate the amenities in and around the best places to ride and meet up. This is just one of many giant logistical challenges for the organizers.

The other bit of caution I want to mention is that from my experience typically 25% of the members that enthusiastically signup as attendees to a rally drop out for a variety of reasons just before crunch time. It would suck if the region was changed and the members that drove that change dropped out as attendees.

My suggestion is that we leave the location of the 2018 rally as arbitrary and totally up to the admins of this forum.

Would I love to have a western regional meet up? Of course. But, I'll get over it and possibly the west coast could do our own thing when it's practical and possible and there's always Google Hangouts or Skype to connect with rally attendees if the rally is out of range for some.

Steve and Phantom have put in the time and effort already, and know what it takes to make these rallies happen. What ever formula and venue they come up with will be a success for those that attend, as long as they remember to include a prize for longest distance traveled.

edit: And if it happens that a member or two in the area of the 2018 rally can assist with the logistics and heavy lifting, all the better.