Quote Originally Posted by thumper 549 View Post
There is no such thing as too far, in fact, to close would be less than interesting.
Pick a great place, who would not come?
In theory, I agree with that. In practical terms, there are many like me who are not among the retired.

Further destinations obviously require longer travel times and eat up vacation time available. I get 3 weeks a year of PTO. Most of that gets used up for motorcycle related trips. I have several annual things I like to attend each year. If one of those requires a larger chunk of that PTO, then well I don't have to spell it out.

The VRCC INZANE rally was in Spearfish ,SD a couple years ago. Basically the Sturgis area. We had a good time there. We later went to the F6B Rally in Franklin,NC that year. But the F6B Rally ,being held over the Labor Day weekend and the location for us, didn't require a lot of Vacation time to go. If the Rally moves out to Colorado next year, we will have to make choices. That's all. Those choices may or may not include attending the F6B Rally. Been to the last 3 Rallies in Franklin,NC , Russellville ,Arkansas, and Pigeon Forge,TN this year. Had a lot of fun and enjoy meeting everyone here.

This year the VRCC INZANE was in Billings Montana. I would have loved to go, but many of the "group" I hang and ride with were not going so I made a choice to also not go and instead spent my Vacation time more on other more frequent trips including this year's F6B Rally.