2018 Rally Location ---> POLL - Page 16

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    You asked for it:
    What happened to the guy I had Mac's BBQ with? That ain't him

I'm thinking Joe Friday from "Dragnet"............

Forgive me if I missed a few thoughts already posted here-
    Sturgis is hard to beat for promance and History and beauty.
    Sturgis is in the middle of the country for a reason, its the middle, almost.
    Next, it provides some of the most beautiful roads for a tour whilst there!
    If you travel all of them you truly take home away inundated with amazement!
    Irongate, Crazy Horse, Rushmore, Deadwood, Spearfish Canyon, Devils Tower etc.
    A lot of History there.
    Next, we have these bikes because we like to ride. Tour.
    There is no such thing as too far, in fact, to close would be less than interesting.
    Pick a great place, who would not come?

Quote Originally Posted by thumper 549 View Post
    There is no such thing as too far, in fact, to close would be less than interesting.
    Pick a great place, who would not come?
    In theory, I agree with that. In practical terms, there are many like me who are not among the retired.

Further destinations obviously require longer travel times and eat up vacation time available. I get 3 weeks a year of PTO. Most of that gets used up for motorcycle related trips. I have several annual things I like to attend each year. If one of those requires a larger chunk of that PTO, then well I don't have to spell it out.

The VRCC INZANE rally was in Spearfish ,SD a couple years ago. Basically the Sturgis area. We had a good time there. We later went to the F6B Rally in Franklin,NC that year. But the F6B Rally ,being held over the Labor Day weekend and the location for us, didn't require a lot of Vacation time to go. If the Rally moves out to Colorado next year, we will have to make choices. That's all. Those choices may or may not include attending the F6B Rally. Been to the last 3 Rallies in Franklin,NC , Russellville ,Arkansas, and Pigeon Forge,TN this year. Had a lot of fun and enjoy meeting everyone here.

This year the VRCC INZANE was in Billings Montana. I would have loved to go, but many of the "group" I hang and ride with were not going so I made a choice to also not go and instead spent my Vacation time more on other more frequent trips including this year's F6B Rally.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

And the winner is: ___________

Montrose, Colorado!

Ladies & Gentlemen,
    Mark your calendars!
    The Annual F6B Rally shall be held in Montrose, Aug 22-26 2018.

More information to follow in a separate Rally thread.

Cheers,
    Steve

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Montrose, Colorado!

Ladies & Gentlemen,
    Mark your calendars!
    The Annual F6B Rally shall be held in Montrose, Aug 22-26 2018.

More information to follow in a separate Rally thread.

Cheers,
    Steve

It's only October and the poll is leaning towards a East Coast location. What's the hurry? and why ignore the Poll?

I'm not staying home this coming year, I'll be riding somewhere. If I attend Colorado, on my return trip home I would consider having a "AFTER the EVENT" gathering (Kentucky area has my attention) on the following week (Labor Day Weekend) and meet up with members that can't attend Colorado.

Early arrivals on Thursday evening August 30th, riding Friday August 30th, riding Saturday September 1st with Sunday September 2nd or Monday September 3rd(Labor Day) being our departure days.

Anyone interested in crossing paths in Kentucky over Labor Day weekend after this Colorado event?

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

It's only October and the poll is leaning towards a East Coast location. What's the hurry? and why ignore the Poll?

I'm not staying home this coming year, I'll be riding somewhere. If I attend Colorado, on my return trip home I would consider having a "AFTER the EVENT" gathering (Kentucky area has my attention) on the following week (Labor Day Weekend) and meet up with members that can't attend Colorado.

Early arrivals on Thursday evening August 30th, riding Friday August 30th, riding Saturday September 1st with Sunday September 2nd or Monday September 3rd(Labor Day) being our departure days.

Anyone interested in crossing paths in Kentucky over Labor Day weekend after this Colorado event?
    A little early for us to say if we could manage the vacation time etc.. for Montrose, but, for obvious reasons, Kentucky could be a go.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Cool

FWIW, myself and a three others trailered out to Colorado Springs last year. From sunny Sanford, FL it was 34 hours nonstop !!! We stopped for fuel and food. There were four drivers so really a non issue. We ran approximately 80 mph and just kept on going....For normal people this would be at least a three day ride. MO. took about 12 hours to cross! I say this just to let some from the East coast realize what you're looking at. For me and Monch, we will not be headed west. I have to say for those that go, it is some of the most amazing riding and scenery you will ever see. The area makes the BRP look like a pimple ! I am not a fan of splitting the board for two rallies, having said that there are many who can't make the trip west. Therefore having a "get together" Labor Day weekend is not a bad thing. At this point I will be in Franklin with Monch doing some riding and drinking! I want NO PART of splitting the rally, group or board, I just can't go west.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Sounds like twice the fun! I will do my best to attend BOTH locations. I think I better have fresh rubber mounted on my spare wheels, for a quick swap, and an oil change, between the two rides.

Forgive my arrogance or ignorance whichever it may be-but
    If you all elect colorado-what else is scheduled to do there besides the motel?
    My point- try to pick something that will include some rides and attractions.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by thumper 549 View Post
    Forgive my arrogance or ignorance whichever it may be-but
    If you all elect colorado-what else is scheduled to do there besides the motel?
    My point- try to pick something that will include some rides and attractions.
    The riding in that area of Colorado (actually all of Colorado west of Denver) is off the chain. Montrose is just north of the Million Dollar Highway. Hit YouTube and watch some motorcycles on that road. The whole area is majestic.