2018 Rally Location ---> POLL - Page 29

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

Bunny, Walcrow, what is the rate you got in Montrose?

I've got all the info at the office. I'll post it later this morning.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    The MONTROSE location is a Old former Motel6

The reviews are NOT good and the rates are too high for such a low quality Hotel. This former Motel 6 was not our first choice from the beginning, but had availability, it was selected by default. Ranks at the bottom of reviews.
    The better hotels in the area are much higher and cannot accommodate our group size.

Grand Junction is where we found much BETTER Hotels that can accommodate our group with more amenities.
    We strongly suggest that those of you that have booked at Montrose, cancel your reservations. We found a great hotel (still working out the details for our F6B Riders) with much better reviews for about the same rate or slightly less $$$ for just a single queen. All afternoon events will be held in a privately reserved room.

SO just block off the same dates on your calendar and be patient, its still TOO early. We already have local F6B Riders planning our rides departing from Grand Junction. It is a very convenient meeting place just off I-10

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Rally Location

I'm sure Phantom meant just off I-70 not I-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    The MONTROSE location is a Old former Motel6

The reviews are NOT good and the rates are too high for such a low quality Hotel. This former Motel 6 was not our first choice from the beginning, but had availability, it was selected by default. Ranks at the bottom of reviews.
    The better hotels in the area are much higher and cannot accommodate our group size.

Grand Junction is where we found much BETTER Hotels that can accommodate our group with more amenities.
    We strongly suggest that those of you that have booked at Montrose, cancel your reservations. We found a great hotel (still working out the details for our F6B Riders) with much better reviews for about the same rate or slightly less $$$ for just a single queen. All afternoon events will be held in a privately reserved room.

SO just block off the same dates on your calendar and be patient, its still TOO early. We already have local F6B Riders planning our rides departing from Grand Junction. It is a very convenient meeting place just off I-10
    Cool. I read that other post where you stated you were working on a location that was "Top 3 in Montrose", but it must not have been the same place.

Years ago, when I rode a VTX, I went to the Coloradical, which was put on by the Colorado VTX riders, (Big Larry may have gone to one or two). We stayed at the La Quinta in Lakewood, CO; a western suburb of Denver. Great spot, close to as much riding as one would ever want, and not as far for the Eastern F6B folks as Grand Junction. Just throwing it out there...

Phantom, thanks for the info.
    Will be waiting for your post. THANKS FOR THE WORK.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

THANK YOU all for your input on this......

The Colorado location is closer to many more great rides then the other locations that we were considering and the average daily temp is around 85 degrees. Several of restaurants to chose from.

WEST of the Mississippi location ....

Super 8 Cortez, Colorado. Call 970-235-2553 ask for Chris

There is a Block of rooms for us under the name "F6B Riders"

Wednesday August 22nd through August 26th, the room rates are $60 plus tax = $65.54

The 4 nights combined ---> $262.16

The group rate will be locked until July 1st 2018, after July first you will be paying much higher rates (if there are rooms available).

WillTill's CONVOY ...... from Cortez to Cherokee departs Sunday 8-26 (details to follow)

EAST of the Mississippi location ....

Microtel Cherokee, North Carolina. Call 828-497-7800 ask for Emily

There is a Block of rooms for us under the name "FB Riders" their computer would not take "F6B"

Wednesday August 29th and Thursday August 30th, the room rates are $59 plus 13.9% tax = $67.20
    Friday August 31st and Saturday September 1st, the room rates are $89 plus 13.9% tax = $101.37

The 4 nights combined ---> $296 plus 41.10 tax = $337.10

The group rate will be locked until July 1st, after July first you will also be paying much higher rates (if there are rooms available). It is Labor Day weekend and our Goal is to be heading Home Sunday morning

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Cool. I read that other post where you stated you were working on a location that was "Top 3 in Montrose", but it must not have been the same place.

Years ago, when I rode a VTX, I went to the Coloradical, which was put on by the Colorado VTX riders, (Big Larry may have gone or one or two). We stayed at the La Quinta in Lakewood, CO; a western suburb of Denver. Great spot, close to as much riding as one would ever want, and not as far for the Eastern F6B folks as Grand Junction. Just throwing it out there...
    Yep, I was there for the first one on July 4th. Great spot for some fantastic riding with a fine hotel http://www.laquintadenverswlakewood.com/ that did everything to make our stay one of the best, there was a great steak house right next door too. I did my first iron-butt ride with a VTX1800 on that ride to my home from there, 1,224 miles in 23.5 hrs and 100+ deg heat all the way.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yep, I was there for the first one on July 4th. Great spot for some fantastic riding with a fine hotel http://www.laquintadenverswlakewood.com/ that did everything to make our stay one of the best, there was a great steak house right next door too. I did my first iron-butt ride with a VTX1800 on that ride to my home from there, 1,224 miles in 23.5 hrs and 100+ deg heat all the way.
    I did my longest ride from that place, 925 miles to the house here in Austin, took about 14 hours. Folks asked why I didn't ride 75 more miles, and I told them I WAS HOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

THANK YOU all for your input on this......

The Colorado location is closer to many more great rides then the other locations that we were considering and the average daily temp is around 85 degrees. Several of restaurants to chose from.

WEST of the Mississippi location ....

Super 8 Cortez, Colorado. Call 970-235-2553 ask for Chris

There is a Block of rooms for us under the name "F6B Riders"

Wednesday August 22nd through August 26th, the room rates are $60 plus tax = $65.54

The 4 nights combined ---> $262.16

The group rate will be locked until July 1st 2018, after July first you will be paying much higher rates (if there are rooms available).

WillTill's CONVOY ...... from Cortez to Cherokee departs Sunday 8-26 (details to follow)

That is even closer to me...I like it. I will be coming from the left coast through LV and up to St George UT where a right turn and a great ride from St George UT. to Cortez CO. for about 350 miles, a ride through some of the most scenic sites in the west.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/