2018 Rally Location ---> POLL - Page 5

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

rally 2018

wood it be on the same weekend - the sept long weekend??

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    wood it be on the same weekend - the sept long weekend??
    Not necessarily. There's no "by-law" stating that the Rally must occur Labor Day weekend.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

If it were in Colorado, I'd definitely make it. Heck, I'd go to Yellowstone too, but hey. There are some roads I've always wanted to get onto in Colorado that I've not done yet, would be a very good chance to change that.

Toss my vote in for Colorado as well. I don't have much knowledge of the area though, so planning is up to others. Then again, SLC was mentioned and I've always wanted to get up there too.
    Hoff aka Brian
    2016 F6B Deluxe in Matte White

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Some of us have attended these rallies for years, .... In April , June, Labor Day Weekends, late September (Arkansas with low turnout) and even smaller gatherings in DAYTONA.

The reason why Labor Day weekend has been the best is because of the 3 days that most have off from work.
    It allows some distant riders to mysteriously develop THROTLEITUS on their right hand on either the Friday before or the Tuesday after the weekend. This allows enough time to ride in and ride out without missing 2 days from work. Some (like myself) even develop THROTLEITUS on Thursday morning around 1:00am and hit the road to see the rally doctor and arrive around 2-4pm at the rally site.

Generally, in past years the best scenario has been the following ....

Early arrivals on Thursday afternoon (1-5pm) we then go to a local restaurant or order pizza for dinner (largest early arrival group was around 30 people)
    Friday is normally registration day and a quick ride for those that arrived on Thursday, kickstand up at 8:30am returning by 2-3pm.
    Saturday, nice large group ride to multiple planned destinations, a lunch restaurant and the main Dinner under the tent. Sunday is early departure day for those that have a distance to travel and want to be home by mid-monday before the week starts. Sunday is also a small ride day for those that will not be departing until Monday morning.
    Labor Day Monday is when everyone is on their way home or have arrived home.

My apologies for not being able to orchestrate this. Steve has done a fine job.

FINDING a HOTEL with prices in the $60-$75 per night on a holiday weekend near great riding roads with adequate restaurants is not easy.
    In years past our west coast rallies have ALWAYS had small turnouts, largest I recall for our HONDA Rune rally had 14-15 bikes. We tried a centralized location last year and the turnout was small.

The KEY here is a 3 day weekend and Labor Day is at the end of summer. Most families spend Memorial Day and July 4th together where most of us can't take off. It is NOT perfect but has worked best. I plan on being back next year, I need to get away and the T-Rex has been yearning for the mountains.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Some of us have attended these rallies for years, .... In April , June, Labor Day Weekends, late September (Arkansas with low turnout) and even smaller gatherings in DAYTONA.

The reason why Labor Day weekend has been the best is because of the 3 days that most have off from work.
    It allows some distant riders to mysteriously develop THROTLEITUS on their right hand on either the Friday before or the Tuesday after the weekend. This allows enough time to ride in and ride out without missing 2 days from work. Some (like myself) even develop THROTLEITUS on Thursday morning around 1:00am and hit the road to see the rally doctor and arrive around 2-4pm at the rally site.

Generally, in past years the best scenario has been the following ....

Early arrivals on Thursday afternoon (1-5pm) we then go to a local restaurant or order pizza for dinner (largest early arrival group was around 30 people)
    Friday is normally registration day and a quick ride for those that arrived on Thursday, kickstand up at 8:30am returning by 2-3pm.
    Saturday, nice large group ride to multiple planned destinations, a lunch restaurant and the main Dinner under the tent. Sunday is early departure day for those that have a distance to travel and want to be home by mid-monday before the week starts. Sunday is also a small ride day for those that will not be departing until Monday morning.
    Labor Day Monday is when everyone is on their way home or have arrived home.

My apologies for not being able to orchestrate this. Steve has done a fine job.

FINDING a HOTEL with prices in the $60-$75 per night on a holiday weekend near great riding roads with adequate restaurants is not easy.
    In years past our west coast rallies have ALWAYS had small turnouts, largest I recall for our HONDA Rune rally had 14-15 bikes. We tried a centralized location last year and the turnout was small.

The KEY here is a 3 day weekend and Labor Day is at the end of summer. Most families spend Memorial Day and July 4th together where most of us can't take off. It is NOT perfect but has worked best. I plan on being back next year, I need to get away and the T-Rex has been yearning for the mountains.
    This all may be true, but still doesn't help out the riders on the west half of the country, with a very few exceptions.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    This all may be true, but still doesn't help out the riders on the west half of the country, with a very few exceptions.
    There are NO objections to a WEST COAST Rally that runs on the same weekend.
    2 Rallies ... Let's do it.

jm21ddd15 You lead the way. I don't have the time to travel that far, dedicate finances or time for 2 events.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Being from the center of the country, It doesn't matter to me. I've been to Franklin, and Russleville for the Rallys. Just seems there was many post on this thread, from people in or around Colorado, that offered some interesting ideas. Might be nice to ride with some of our western F6, that have schedules that prohibit them from coming east. I'm retired and single, with no pets, so I can go where ever looks fun, but I realize, most have jobs etc. Just sayin.

count me in for Colorado sounds great

rally 2018

i just want to meet all these great people that love their F6Bees. i will do my dardest to get there. but Colorado does sound good to me. . . . . . hope everyone is having a great time in PG.

Bunny

SierraKen
    Take a look at the link below. The town of Montrose is located in the center of this map. There are several day rides highlighted all within a days ride of Montrose, including Durango to the south. Montrose is a small city with a Honda dealer and several motels. I believe motels there would be more reasonable. Also a good koa camp ground .

https://www.codot.gov/safety/motorcy...rings-SWCO.pdf