2018 Rally Location ---> POLL - Page 9

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

Okay, so y'all know that distance is not much an issue for me, and riding the beautiful country and roads of the Smokies and the Ozarks has been fantastic for the past three years. Phantom and 53 and everyone have done a phenomenal job putting together some great experiences and rides, but... I certainly would enjoy taking in the sights and the routes in Colorado and the Rockies. I've never spent any time running that area, so I'd jump at that!

Colorado gets my #1 vote for the 2018 rally.

Wherever we end up, I look forward to seeing all the old faces and also faces of folks who haven't been able to join us, yet.

Ride safe.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I would most definitely make Colorado +1.

Montrose, CO

Montrose, Colorado would be a great location. Surrounded by some of the best and diverse riding that you can find:

--Million Dollar Highway (US-550), or the whole San Juan Skyway includes Ouray, Red Mountain Pass, Silverton, Molas Pass, Coal Bank Pass, Durango, Delores, Rico, Telluride, and Dallas Divide. An awesome day of riding.
    --Grand Mesa (highest flattop mesa in the world)
    --Black Canyon of the Gunnison, South Rim and North Rim (CO-92 along the north rim is one of the best rides)
    --Unaweep-Tabeguache Scenic Byway (includes Gateway, Delores River Canyon, and Dallas Divide)
    --and more.

Montrose is a nice town, good lodging, good food, and motorcycle friendly. Been going there many years on Valkyries and/or GoldWings. Some nice rides as you go to/from Montrose also.

A lot of good ideas in this thread.

I want to throw out a couple of words of caution when we think about changing rally locations.

For starters we need consider all the other motorcycle clubs that get together in the magnificent areas that have been suggested here. BMW groups and Harley groups in particular have multiple clubs in most every state and dominate the amenities in and around the best places to ride and meet up. This is just one of many giant logistical challenges for the organizers.

The other bit of caution I want to mention is that from my experience typically 25% of the members that enthusiastically signup as attendees to a rally drop out for a variety of reasons just before crunch time. It would suck if the region was changed and the members that drove that change dropped out as attendees.

My suggestion is that we leave the location of the 2018 rally as arbitrary and totally up to the admins of this forum.

Would I love to have a western regional meet up? Of course. But, I'll get over it and possibly the west coast could do our own thing when it's practical and possible and there's always Google Hangouts or Skype to connect with rally attendees if the rally is out of range for some.

Steve and Phantom have put in the time and effort already, and know what it takes to make these rallies happen. What ever formula and venue they come up with will be a success for those that attend, as long as they remember to include a prize for longest distance traveled.

edit: And if it happens that a member or two in the area of the 2018 rally can assist with the logistics and heavy lifting, all the better.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

2018 rally

i would be in for Colorado for sure...

Bunny from Winnipeg

All I ask...

Hi,

I piped in earlier and it sounds like things have gotten somewhat defensive.

All I am asking is that once every few years the rally be in a location that considers that fact that there are B's on the west coast. Didn't mean to ruin anyones party. Don't want 2 events. Time to be fair and share your toys with all the kids.

Thanks,
    Pete
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

West coast

PNW would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxstriper View Post
    Hi,

I piped in earlier and it sounds like things have gotten somewhat defensive.

All I am asking is that once every few years the rally be in a location that considers that fact that there are B's on the west coast. Didn't mean to ruin anyones party. Don't want 2 events. Time to be fair and share your toys with all the kids.

Thanks,
    Pete
    I'm not sure what you have read. I pretty much thought people were just chiming in where they'd like to see a Rally. As far as I am concerned, if the Rally is held in Colorado as has been suggested a few times, it's fine. I just don't know that it would work out for me. If there are enough people that WILL support a west location and show up, then by all means.
    Why not?
    However, as Steve and Phantom have mentioned, their ability to handle the minutia of setting up a west location may or may not be feasible.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

What about Cody, Wyoming? Can do the Chief Joseph Highway, the Beartooth Highway (freakin' AWESOME), Big Horn National Forest , and Yellowstone Park.

I second Durango

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    To my PDX group, isolated from the rest of America by the Rockies and California.....
    Would y'all make an honest effort to attend a Rally in Colorado????

Let me know by voicing your opinions in this thread please!
    Steve
    I would save leave and such to head to Durango!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B