2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2) - Page 10
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2)

make it 54
    plan to make the party wed. - sun.
    safe travels
    glide one

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Booking.com shows a room available, at the Lodge, for that day, for $110; either a double room with 2 Queens, or a queen room with two Queens.
    You need to give them a call. We have a negotiated price and a block of rooms set aside. You can only get that by calling the motel directly.

Rick - you are correct!
    However, we booked all our "set aside" rooms!

This rally is going to be some serious fun!!!!

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    To all ....
    Regretfully, I will not be attending the Rally this year again.
    Last year 3 weeks before the 2016 Rally my wife ended up in the hospital ICU for 2 weeks followed by months battling the return of Breast Cancer. I lost my wife this year not long ago. She was only 58 years old.
    She was the reason why I was able to attend and have the pleasure of meeting so many great friends from around the country on many rallies from several motorcycle forums. My wife held the fort in place while I played (I did the same for when she went on Horse riding adventures with her girlfriends). Sadly in the last 12 months I have only put 150 miles on the GoldWing.

At this moment I have responsibilities that I cannot leave unattended for more then 2 days. I am working on reducing my work load and hopefully be able to ride again in 2018.

For those of you that have lost a spouse, you can relate on how there is a time that your mind just doesn't want to do anything, the grieving process and coming home to an empty home is at times overwhelming. There are times that I just want to say "F-CK IT" and walk away from everything... but I can't, it's just not me. Time will tell.

PLEASE have a great time, please be safe and enjoy each other at the rally..... tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Cheers to all of you

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    To all ....
    Last year 3 weeks before the 2016 Rally my wife ended up in the hospital ICU for 2 weeks followed by months battling the return of Breast Cancer. I lost my wife this year not long ago. She was only 58 years old.
    She was the reason why I was able to attend and have the pleasure of meeting so many great friends from around the country on many rallies from several motorcycle forums. My wife held the fort in place while I played (I did the same for when she went on Horse riding adventures with her girlfriends). Sadly in the last 12 months I have only put 150 miles on the GoldWing.

At this moment I have responsibilities that I cannot leave unattended for more then 2 days. I am working on reducing my work load and hopefully be able to ride again in 2018.

For those of you that have lost a spouse, you can relate on how there is a time that your mind just doesn't want to do anything, the grieving process and coming home to an empty home is at times overwhelming. There are times that I just want to say "F-CK IT" and walk away from everything... but I can't, it's just not me. Time will tell.

PLEASE have a great time, please be safe and enjoy each other at the rally..... tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Cheers to all of you
    God Bless.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

To all ....

Cheers to all of you
    I know as men we always have a hard time doing two things.
    The first òf course is shedding tears, I will tell you this one thing. Now is not the time to hold back.
    The second is asking for help, please do not be afraid to ask for help.
    These are the only things I will say about us guys and fighting grief and losing our life partner.

i will also be attending

i am coming from Winnipeg Canada - looking forward to meeting all of you and hope to have a great time. i'm bunking in with another person as i was too late in booking a room. See yah all soon. . ..

Bunny

is there a charge for the rally

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    2017 Rally Information

The 2017 Rally will be held in Pigeon Forge, TN
    Dates: 30 Aug to 3 Sep
    Place: The Vacation Lodge in Pigeon Forge 865-453-2640 vacationlodge.net
    (Yes, there is a block of rooms reserved)

Rough itinerary:
    (all events are optional, of course, except for evening camaraderie time!)
    Arrive on Wednesday the 30th for camaraderie that evening
    Thursday we ride/lunch/ride. Camaraderie time.
    Friday we ride/lunch/ride. Camaraderie time.
    Saturday AM we ride/lunch
    Saturday afternoon will be contests
    Saturday evening will be our big togetherness supper, awards, etc.
    Sunday will be a day of departure.
    Monday is a holiday so you have a day to get your act together for the upcoming week...

For those of you with reservations already, please post a response to this thread with how many and what days you are attending so we can make appropriate logistic decisions for water, gatorade, and barley & hoppes based carbonated beverages....

Thanks so much.
    Steve
    is there a charge for attending the rally?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    is there a charge for attending the rally?
    There hasn't been. Phantom and 53Driver have done a great job. Funding coming from our vendors/ and auction items. You have to pay for your lodging etc....
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

To all ....

Cheers to all of you
    I was shocked to hear that she passed. I am sorry to hear this and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I only met you the one time at the last rally that you were able to attend and would be proud to call you a friend. You're a good person and just wish you lived closer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994