Quote Originally Posted by Kasperwing View Post
But seriously, I really want ABS brakes. They can have everything else. BUT ABS saved my hide more times than I can count. More than once, when coming to a stop, at night, there was some thing on the road. I would have gone down if not for ABS.... and I can ride a bike on the front wheel stoppee. But one can not anticipate unknown surface grip, or what might require supreme & accurate stopping abilities! Ask this guy in the video below. He locked his front wheel and went down. He was lucky it was not worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj2FuTQDChY
I agree 100%. The lack of ABS on heavy motorcycles like the GL-1800 and F6B is nothing short of criminal negligence by American Honda. Every other country in the world includes ABS on all Goldwings and most countries now mandate ABS on any bike over 125cc. American Honda (and only American Honda) puts profits ahead of the safety of its riders. Linked brakes may be nice, but have nothing to do with ABS. This is actually penny-wise and pound-foolish: a single death found to be caused by the lack of ABS on our bikes is likely to wipe away all gains made by such an irresponsible decision, and rightfully so.

Let's hope the moron who was able to allow such an omission is no longer with American Honda and that all new Goldwings and F6Bs will have ABS, beginning with the 2018 model year!