More new Goldwing and F6B pics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More new Goldwing and F6B pics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Maybe the Wing will be the auto, and the F6B the manual. I'd go for that option............

The Honda boys over there should have contacted Steve and the FORUM for our input on this design, do a poll like next years rally, tally up the results, and make the damn thing.....speculation negated.

One other nice option would be maybe 25 or so special paint colors from the factory besides black, red, gray and white. I'd go with Lamborghini Orange.

Wonder what Traxxion Dynamics would do with that new front suspension? Probably a new shock?

Yamahonda? Looks like they had some "blue" designers working on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDuck View Post
    Yamahonda? Looks like they had some "blue" designers working on that one.
    The side cases look like they were pulled off an FJR.

...I don't see any crash protection for the engine or side cases. Should be stock for these kinds of bikes, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    ...I don't see any crash protection for the engine or side cases. Should be stock for these kinds of bikes, seriously.
    If you look close and at the naked pic featuring the front end , You will see the crash protection. Just not as obvious as the current models.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    If you look close and at the naked pic featuring the front end , You will see the crash protection. Just not as obvious as the current models.
    Not so sure about that. I see nothing for the side cases/exhaust at all, and the apparent crash protection for the engine looks more like mounting points, and it would be covered by plastic, and engine parts appear further out than the end of the bars.

You need to look again. Check out the bare bike on page 1. Crash bars under the engine staring you in the face. Check out the images of the B and Wing. Look under the front of the bag. See the "possibly covered in rubber" protrusions. That's the back crash bars. IF these images are close to real, Honda has most likely covered the bars cosmetically. What are you not seeing? The rear crash bars are staring at the folded-up rear passenger floorboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    You're correct, crash protection is there. It looks like it's going to be mounted underneath some trim panels but it's there. Also there's no proof these are the pictures of the final production bikes. Although I think they're pretty close to what we'll end up with.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    You're correct, crash protection is there. It looks like it's going to be mounted underneath some trim panels but it's there. Also there's no proof these are the pictures of the final production bikes. Although I think they're pretty close to what we'll end up with.
    Honda has acknowledged the photos are the real deal (after all--Honda leaked the pics out)

Op Ed.....

ABS - well, I have a slightly different approach to ABS.
    I don't want it.
    I consider it a hindrance to threshold braking and a foreign gov't mandated crutch for riders who do not practice with their brakes enough.
    The brakes are the MOST important control on a motorcycle and deserving of the most attention & practice.

ABS is a fine feature if your muscle memory and "pucker factor" are not well trained and under control.
    People who ride once a month to the beach bar or poker run are prime candidates for ABS.
    If you find yourself "anally inhaling your seat cushion" every time you have to get on the brakes with purpose, you need more braking practice.

My $0.02.
    Flame retardant suit donned.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce