Interesting read about Honda video. Hint of new Gold Wing? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting read about Honda video. Hint of new Gold Wing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    ...but in context of everything known then throw in the 1975 Gold Wing in the video it becomes pretty onvious what the inference is.
    I'm not quite sure how to connect the dots, but I'm intrigued and will anxiously await the reveal in October.

What's curious is that they start you out with a couple out riding their NC700X Adventure bike on lovely back roads. They throw in the F6B... quite a few times and the nostalgic GL1000 also being ridden on the roads less travelled not freeways.

They also throw in this snippet and that's what's really intriguing since I don't recognize that tank / frame / headlight from any Honda I've ever seen before:

Again, it will be interesting to follow the teaser videos and while the Gold Wing is way overdue for a make-over Honda never fails to do the unexpected.

Uh, did you even read the article? It has been announced that Honda is unveiling a new motorcycle October 24th. These videos are a series of videos leading up to this event. No, there was no specific mention of a new Gold Wing, but in context of everything known then throw in the 1975 Gold Wing in the video it becomes pretty onvious what the inference is.
    Yes ... I read the entire article and think a new Wing is speculative at best. They not only show a GL1000 in the video but a GL1800 as well as other models they make.

To learn more about the slogan they are promoting in the video "what lies beyond" go here.

https://en.hondamotoglobal.com

They show the first wing ('75) and the latest wing (F6B). They also show some bike that I don't recognize (you guys do, I'm sure). I'm afraid they are suggesting that the new wing is going to look like that other bike - yuk. We'll see pretty soon ....
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by TandemGeek View Post
    What's curious is that they start you out with a couple out riding their NC700X Adventure bike on lovely back roads. They throw in the F6B... quite a few times and the nostalgic GL1000 also being ridden on the roads less travelled not freeways.
    Those are great back roads for sure -- an observation at 13 second mark on the road sign. The scenic shots throughout the commercial along the river (25 sec. and 60 sec. mark) with NC700X and white B were shot in B.C. (British Columbia) in the Nicola Valley region of the Thompson Okanagan. Guessing highway 5A, 8 or 97C. Beautiful country there and quiet roads so perfect for doing a commercial like this one. So despite the California license plate on the bike, the question ya gotta ask is is that dive in Reno where Rick hangs out really in Reno? Looking forward to the big unveil in October no matter what's under the tarp!

I'm not quite sure how to connect the dots, but I'm intrigued and will anxiously await the reveal in October.

They also throw in this snippet and that's what's really intriguing since I don't recognize that tank / frame / headlight from any Honda I've ever seen before:

Again, it will be interesting to follow the teaser videos and while the Gold Wing is way overdue for a make-over Honda never fails to do the unexpected.
    That is the current Honda Rebel
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

That is the current Honda Rebel
    Good lord that's hideous... Wish I could un-see that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Those are great back roads for sure -- an observation at 13 second mark on the road sign. The scenic shots throughout the commercial along the river (25 sec. and 60 sec. mark) with NC700X and white B were shot in B.C. (British Columbia) in the Nicola Valley region of the Thompson Okanagan. Guessing highway 5A, 8 or 97C. Beautiful country there and quiet roads so perfect for doing a commercial like this one. So despite the California license plate on the bike, the question ya gotta ask is is that dive in Reno where Rick hangs out really in Reno? Looking forward to the big unveil in October no matter what's under the tarp!
    Between Princeton and Merritt....? Beautiful road for sure. I can't say exactly why but it reminds me of the stretch between Twisp to Oroville Wa minus the little lakes...
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Can't put toothpaste back in the tube..
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Those are great back roads for sure -- an observation at 13 second mark on the road sign. The scenic shots throughout the commercial along the river (25 sec. and 60 sec. mark) with NC700X and white B were shot in B.C. (British Columbia) in the Nicola Valley region of the Thompson Okanagan. Guessing highway 5A, 8 or 97C. Beautiful country there and quiet roads so perfect for doing a commercial like this one.
    Explains the smoky haze.

Actually, I've seen them in person and I think it's a pretty cool looking bike.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"