I am on my way to Rehab, Yes Yes Yes!

Thread: I am on my way to Rehab, Yes Yes Yes!

I am on my way to Rehab, Yes Yes Yes!

Well the Job is almost done and I am counting down the days.
    I will be finished in Seattle on Thursday and flying to Baltimore on Friday to start the long and winding road trip back home.
    The PLAN:
    Arrive In Baltimore at 630am on Friday and Uber to the warehouse to drop off paperwork and pick up the F6B to be referred to now as Gloria.
    Gloria has been waiting patiently with her Harley buddy and is kind of pissed as She could have made the transfer to Seattle and we would be leaving from here. Hindsight is 20/20 and I did not have her skidded for the transfer so we will do the West coast another time.
    DEPART as fast as I can throw my liners in the bags and bolt out the door.
    1st stop Middleburg Virginia and stay over at the Middleburg Inn as I am sure the red eye flight will leave me cranky as I hate airplanes. Cocktails and a steak and hit the sack as the fun begins on Saturday.
    DAY 2} Skyline Drive
    Day 3) Blue Ridge Parkway
    Day 4) More Blue Ridge until I am tired of the Scenery
    Day 5)Run over to Paint Rock Alabama to visit Dynatorch and see whets new and aim for the Natchez Trace
    Day 6 and 7) Natchez Trace and find my way home by nightfall

Well that is the plan and I hope for good weather.
    Otherwise I have ridden in rain before but I will not be sightseeing so much. More direct routes to get away from the liquid sunshine..

This will be the true tale if I am cut out to be a road runner again!
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Have a great ride. Wish I had something in the works like that!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Have a great ride. Wish I had something in the works like that!
    This is the end of my travel season this year with 1 week in Chicago in October as a farewell to 17.
    I have been trying to ride the Trace for 6 years with some friends and never made it. I am excited to see this area and I may try to do some adjustment and make the Barber MC Museum if it is not too far out of the way.
    I have been told that it is a destination for all MC enthusiasts.

3 days to go before the adventure begins, stay tuned. Same Bat Time Same Bat Channel
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Safe travels!
    Looks like we'll "high 5" somewhere as I head to Pigeon Forge for the Rally!

You and Gloria have fun!!!!!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Man, I hope he's doing alright. Weather had been miserable the last few days since he's landed. Been cold and raining right along the parkway all weekend.

The Report. Minus pictures, as I am not up on the method, sorry.
    Pulled the pin at work promptly at 1300 and hit the road running on low energy due to flying all night.
    The open road gave me a second wind and hit the Skyline Parkway at about 1500.
    Luck had it as a Park Holiday and NO CHARGE at the Gate, what a plus. Nice leisure run threw the hills for 4 hours and fatigue was setting in.
    I jumped off on 33 and mad a dash for Waynesboro. I landed at the open arms of the Comfort Inn on 67 and walked over a picked up some liquid courage.
    I had just thrown my gear in the room and did a dash for the beer and upon my return and investigation of the room I noticed a door in the back by the desk. Must be a closet, or door to the adjoining room, to my surprise and not advertised was a double size hot tub. Man what a treat to a exhausted biker with cold beer to boot.
    Day one came to a quick close after a long soak and a couple of cold ones.

Day two, it was the plan to take my time and enjoy the Blue Ridge Parkway. Hit the road after a quick windshield wash quickie breakfast and a couple of cups of coffee. I was looking forward to a nice day and the temperature was PERFECT for a ride with a whiff of chill lingering, hit the heated grips just for a laugh and onto the Parkway. The scenery was magnificent and the ride was exceptional. Stopped at a nice restaurant and had a home cooked meal with some local chat and discovered the next leg of the parkway was being resurfaced. The nice sign said BIKER BEWARE and the route was not recommended for bicycle or motorcycle travel, who be scared of a little gravel. I ventured cautiously for the next 150 miles and as I became more secure the miles rolled on. I was bumping along without a care in the world, stopped to check in and learned of HARVEY. Tropical storm and rain no big deal at the time and kind of put me on alert.
    Maybe it was the thought of the unknown or the worry of another Katrina, but the party was not such a party anymore. I switched gears and adjusted my plan and road to Hwy 77 and cut the Parkway short. I will return to the Parkway as it was something I want to enjoy and YES I will do it on Gloria, all the way.
    Speed run from 77 to 81 with a cut off to Kingsport to take the back way into Knoxville. Took the back way in and jumped 131 to bypass Knoxville and shortcut to Nashville. Made it as far as Crossville. Holiday Inn and DONE!
    The news was not good as we know and Harvey was a storm that was getting stronger by the hour. This trip was getting shorter not longer as I have family in Houston, San Antonio and Austin.

Day three, weather perfect again and the same morning routine. windshield, quickie breakfast, and on the run to Nashville and the Natchez Trace. Made the Trace entrance at 0900 and was happy to see a 50 mph speed for the Trace. I was in tourist mode with a purpose so the stops would be semi limited to interest and convenience. the plan was make Tupelo MS. and stop. I was putting along with things going well and the incident happened. Well more of a stupid move on my part, I was pulling off for a stop and made the fatal error of not folding in the Rivco pegs. I pulled to a stop and planted my foot in a nice gravel spot and did the slow motion, painful, what the hell drop. One of those "come on" moments. I should have eaten my Wheaties what the hell second. WHY ME! flash. Well it happens so get on with it. I am really glad I watched the video of how to pick up your Goldwing as I was on my own. Only damage was my pride and the Rivco peg let go as designed, so nothing 40.00 can't fix. Patched up my pride and rolled on to Tupelo. Maybe I was not paying attention, just lost in thought, or just enjoying Gloria and the music but I missed the exit. The Trace is easy to get rolling along and scenery hypnotized. The wake up factor was fuel warning light and snap out of it boy reality check.
    Stomach was also talking but there are no Cracker Barrels on the Trace. Looked at the map and realized I was on my was to Jackson Mississippi. Hit a local kwik stop for fuel and got a update on Harvey. My plan was changed to get the hell home mode. I did get back on the trace headed to Jackson and had a flash blow past me in the form of a Mercedes 500. Must be a sign as a full tank of gas and a front door leading the way threw government territory, I am in. Made Jackson by 1600 hrs. and I can see New Orleans in my sight.
    Weather was clouding up and becoming overcast, traffic was moving well and I hammered it to the first drop of rain in Macomb MS. Did a extra long stop at a Race Track with Red Bull and water, dawned the rain gear and affixed the helmet face shield. I was standing at my local watering hole at 1900 hrs.

Right at 1500 miles with detours, and biggest bump was a foot peg. Ironically damaged on a section of road with no gravel warnings.

So much for planning set aside due to Harvey but family first.
    All safe on my end, but Harvey has left its mark for a long time to come..
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Glad you made it without "serious" incident and I hope all is as well as can be with your relatives.

Now, on to Irma.....

When you hopped on 33, you were in my riding area. Live about 15 minutes from 33 and 340. Although, the last stop on the parkway is waynesboro. Just for future reference I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBob View Post
    When you hopped on 33, you were in my riding area. Live about 15 minutes from 33 and 340. Although, the last stop on the parkway is waynesboro. Just for future reference I suppose.
    I started the BRP in Waynesboro coming down, the original plan was to go all the way to the end and then do some site seeing. Harvey put a end to that and I cut the trip way short...
    Still had a good time, just not long enough..

This year is still not done and fall is my favorite. Thunder on the beach is just 6 hour run in October
    1984 HD XLX - The First