Door County WI Ride, 10/23
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door County WI Ride, 10/23

Door County WI Ride, 10/23

I am dropping our Harley off Monday morning (10/23) at Fuel Moto in Little Chute WI. Picking it back up on Tuesday.

I am bringing another bike also so I can ride the rest of the day. Our friends at Big Bike Parts say a great place to ride right now is Door County WI. Area looks pretty cool and I have not ever had the chance to ride the area.

Has anyone ridden that area much?

Door county is a very pretty area. You won’t rack up a ton of miles but, the colors shoild be good. A lot of stuff does close down after the tourist season but that means way less crowded. If I wasnt working I would join you for a ride. Enjoy. If you are ever back in Wisconsin for a longer period you must head to the western part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighutch14 View Post
    Door county is a very pretty area. You won’t rack up a ton of miles but, the colors shoild be good. A lot of stuff does close down after the tourist season but that means way less crowded. If I wasnt working I would join you for a ride. Enjoy. If you are ever back in Wisconsin for a longer period you must head to the western part of the state.
    I would like to come over for a longer time, maybe next year. We have been invited by several people to ride that area.
    Teresa does not want to come this time since we just got back Sunday and have been on the road a lot this year.

Sounds good. If you do plan something next year make sure you let the board know. Im sure we could get a fun small gathering together and ride.

Watch out for any wet leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighutch14 View Post
    Sounds good. If you do plan something next year make sure you let the board know. Im sure we could get a fun small gathering together and ride.
    I absolutely will.

I live an hour south of Door Co.
    Let me know when you are riding.
    When you get about 1 mile north of the bridge in Surgeon Bay take HY T (not TT) you will be riding along Lake Michigan going north it will hook up to HY 57 then 42 you can ride that to the tip. Then you have to make a U turn or take the Ferry to Washington Island. Stay on 42 south (there are lots of roads along the Bay but a lot are dead ends). Then take HY G to B and you will end up back in Sturgeon Bay. It is a Beautiful drive lots of curvy roads great looking homes and the fall colors should be perfect.
    Weather does not sound the greatest but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by RickW View Post
    I am dropping our Harley off Monday morning (10/23) at Fuel Moto in Little Chute WI. Picking it back up on Tuesday.

I am bringing another bike also so I can ride the rest of the day. Our friends at Big Bike Parts say a great place to ride right now is Door County WI. Area looks pretty cool and I have not ever had the chance to ride the area.

Has anyone ridden that area much?
    Rick - was just up there 2 weeks ago. Here are some great places to eat that are still open. "Junipers Gin Joint" (Fish Creek) A very nice place, not a dive. "Gibraltar Grill" (Fish Creek) a great place for lunch, across from Peninsula State Park (small fee to ride the roads but worth it with the leaves turning) and Julie's restaurant (breakfast place). Upscale dinner dining - "Alexander's" (Fish Creek) You don't need to dress up. "Lure" (Sister Bay) Really cool place, $'s but very good. And if you have never been to a "fish boil", go to "Pelletier's" in Fish Creek for a dinner you will never forget. Also right down the street from "The Hide Side", a store specializing in leather coats, jackets, and other fancy stuff. $$$'s for the leather coats but beautiful to look at. Lots of other stores behind the Hide Side. "On Deck" is upscale clothing stores, located in several of the Door County towns.

For Breakfast do "The Chef's Hat" or "The Old Post Office" in Ephraim. A favorite tourist stop is "Al Johnson's" in Sister Bay. Swedish with an on site Boutique. Famous for a grass roof on the restaurant that goats graze on in the summer. Great pancakes.

You will enjoy.

Too bad you couldn't schedule this a week ago... when the fall colors were at their peak.
    Could have taken the scenic route...up through the west side of Michigan, do the tunnel of trees, to the Upper Peninsula, west to along Route 2, and down 35.
    That's a great ride.
    ...anything to avoid Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Too bad you couldn't schedules this a week ago... when the fall colors were at their peak.
    Could have taken the scenic route...up through the west side of Michigan, do the tunnel of trees, to the Upper Peninsula, west to along Route 2, and down 35.
    That's a great ride.
    ...anything to avoid Chicago!
    We have had the date and Time set up with Fuel Moto in Wisconsin for several months now. They are very busy and since we were gone the last two weekends in NC riding and at a Spyder Rally it had to be this coming up Monday.
    I would do anything to avoid Chicago, but have to trailer the bikes since I am dropping off the Harley first thing Monday morning. Since I am stuck there for a day and a half I can take advantage of it and go riding.
    You are right about the tunnel of trees, it is an absolutely beautiful ride in the Fall.