Bummer!

Thread: Bummer!

Bummer!

I have slowly but surely modifying my bike. Two weeks ago I did the Helibars. Yesterday/today I had a set of Traxxion AK-20 cartridge w/caps and a fork brace installed. On my way back home with the bike I stopped at a rest stop to eat. As I walked back out to my bike, I witnessed a woman backing into to her parking spot and slammed into my bike! She fired it across two parking spots and flipped it upside down. A couple of guys helped me right it and it started right up. It was dark but the it looks like a lot of tupperware has to be replaced. It seems to rum OK. Have to contact the insurance companies.

She apologized and said she has very poor night vision. I suggested she stop backing into parking spots at night until she fixes her vision.

Wow...it takes all kinds and that seems to be on the rise. Good luck with the insurance company.

That's awful. And to watch it happen in front of you as well... I just couldn't imagine that.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Hate to hear that but at least it wasn't a person standing there. Bikes can be fixed. People.... not so easily!!!

garbage truck

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowme View Post
    I have slowly but surely modifying my bike. Two weeks ago I did the Helibars. Yesterday/today I had a set of Traxxion AK-20 cartridge w/caps and a fork brace installed. On my way back home with the bike I stopped at a rest stop to eat. As I walked back out to my bike, I witnessed a woman backing into to her parking spot and slammed into my bike! She fired it across two parking spots and flipped it upside down. A couple of guys helped me right it and it started right up. It was dark but the it looks like a lot of tupperware has to be replaced. It seems to rum OK. Have to contact the insurance companies.

She apologized and said she has very poor night vision. I suggested she stop backing into parking spots at night until she fixes her vision.
    I had a garbage truck do this also and it (totaled) my 2014 Valkyrie (since repurchased) big fight with insurance company. Good Luck. Hope she was well insured.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Wow, after all that work. Really make sure it's check out. It doesn't take a lot to total a bike. I got hit at a very low speed on my last bike and it bent the frame. You said it got sent flying. Wishing you the best. At least you weren't on it.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Reading this sort of thing bums me out.
    It's a reality of life that sometimes, things go to sh*t and the pooper scooper has to be employed.

Best of luck with getting her back together and in operational form.

Damn !!!

I had my 2013 F6b converted to a Trike and I have a spare complete rearend sitting under a tarp in my garage in NJ. PM me if interested and a sweet deal could be made if you are willing to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Willyf6b View Post
    I had my 2013 F6b converted to a Trike and I have a spare complete rearend sitting under a tarp in my garage in NJ. PM me if interested and a sweet deal could be made if you are willing to pick up.
    I've got two rearends from trike conversions in my garage in Florida if someone is in need...Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by Willyf6b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I've got two rearends from trike conversions in my garage in Florida if someone is in need...Dickie
    You gents talking just drivetrain or all the tupperware, saddlebags, brackets, etc?