After 4,000 miles on a 2016...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After 4,000 miles on a 2016...

After 4,000 miles on a 2016...

There is only one thing, in my opinion, the F6C does markedly better than the B. Heat management. I suppose it's inevitable that the thing which does such a fantastic job protecting you from the wind, the fairing, also serves as a heat sink, but c'est la vie. It's not a serious issue, especially on a highway at speed, but any traffic riding and it is definitely noticeable. A little furnace-like in San Antonio. I'll take it, because everything else it does infinitely better for my riding style, body type, and needs.

But if you get a chance to ride an F6C in some heat, check it out. It's almost like being on an electric bike. The fact that there was zero heat to the rider was one of my favorite things about that bike.

I already love the B so much, I can only imagine how much better it's going to get when the weather cools a little.

Jason

GaTeach
    Such an amazing bike. Two ladies I know just got F6Bs and they can't stop talking about them. Amazing. SG goes in today for 64K service. Every mile has been glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Such an amazing bike. Two ladies I know just got F6Bs and they can't stop talking about them. Amazing. SG goes in today for 64K service. Every mile has been glorious.
    That's fantastic, Ga Teach! Good for those ladies, they have great taste in bikes! And 64,000 miles for you, huh? You're almost through with your SECOND trip around the globe!

Jason

agree

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    There is only one thing, in my opinion, the F6C does markedly better than the B. Heat management. I suppose it's inevitable that the thing which does such a fantastic job protecting you from the wind, the fairing, also serves as a heat sink, but c'est la vie. It's not a serious issue, especially on a highway at speed, but any traffic riding and it is definitely noticeable. A little furnace-like in San Antonio. I'll take it, because everything else it does infinitely better for my riding style, body type, and needs.

But if you get a chance to ride an F6C in some heat, check it out. It's almost like being on an electric bike. The fact that there was zero heat to the rider was one of my favorite things about that bike.

I already love the B so much, I can only imagine how much better it's going to get when the weather cools a little.

Jason
    I agree that's why I re-purchased an F6C after buying an 2015 F6B - stop and go it's the C but cruising its the B.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    I agree that's why I re-purchased an F6C after buying an 2015 F6B - stop and go it's the C but cruising its the B.
    Oh sweet. If I had more disposable income, I wouldn't mind having my F6C as a second. But as a primary, for me, there's no comparison.

It's feels almost cold at stops compared to a Harley.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    It's feels almost cold at stops compared to a Harley.
    LOL, I bet!! I rode a new Indian Chieftain and that thing was a real nut roaster! Beautiful, but people must be somewhat masochistic to pay for abuse like that!

ACTUALLY, my experience is that

The F6C is a far superior machine in almost every way--not just with the heat. It corners, brakes better. The lighter weight makes it a lot easier to move around and the 5 MPG more doesn't hurt. I bought a Boulevard Windscreen and it is just as effective as the stock shield and fairing on the B. Add my MRA spoiler and I got a ton of wind protection with a clean, open look up front. It is a true "Power Cruiser" and the B is a "Heavy Weight Tour Machine"

Where the B has the definite advantage is long stretches of riding where comfort is needed. Another area is aftermarket support. The C has NO---and I mean ZERO AFTERMARKET SUPPORT from anybody except Corbin. You can't get average stuff such as bars (cables are custom cut), exhaust, ANYTHING!!!!---Wanted to get Avon pegs to match the grips and they don't even make pegs to fit the C.

Not really fair to compare as they are 2 different bikes, but I never noticed heat issues on the F6B, either.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    The F6C is a far superior machine in almost every way--not just with the heat. It corners, brakes better. The lighter weight makes it a lot easier to move around and the 5 MPG more doesn't hurt. I bought a Boulevard Windscreen and it is just as effective as the stock shield and fairing on the B. Add my MRA spoiler and I got a ton of wind protection with a clean, open look up front. It is a true "Power Cruiser" and the B is a "Heavy Weight Tour Machine"

Where the B has the definite advantage is long stretches of riding where comfort is needed. Another area is aftermarket support. The C has NO---and I mean ZERO AFTERMARKET SUPPORT from anybody except Corbin. You can't get average stuff such as bars (cables are custom cut), exhaust, ANYTHING!!!!---Wanted to get Avon pegs to match the grips and they don't even make pegs to fit the C.

Not really fair to compare as they are 2 different bikes, but I never noticed heat issues on the F6B, either.
    When I was looking at bikes, I thought long and hard about the B vs C. It came down to (at the time) the rear bags on the B. The solutions for storage on the C was very limited, Don't know if that has been remedied....
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    When I was looking at bikes, I thought long and hard about the B vs C. It came down to (at the time) the rear bags on the B. The solutions for storage on the C was very limited, Don't know if that has been remedied....

The only solution is $1800 Corbin hard bags, Honda leather bags for a little more than half that (what is on my bike) and generic bolt on universal fit. I also have a rack for a T Bag, so storage is not a problem. I hate that the bags cover the rear wheel and single side swing arm.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]