Madstad for F6B - Page 37
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    PICs, post a few PICs with the new Madstad and new seat.
    Inquiring minds.......
    Hey Mike, I will text you some pics. I'm not quite hi tech enough to getting my pics on the forum.

I will definitely try the 11 first, Mainly trying to help out passenger buffeting problem. I installed the baker hand wings as well. we will see as soon as I get another decent day.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I'm 6'3" also. I first got a 15" and it was too tall in the lowest position. I then ordered a 13" and found this to be perfect for the majority of my riding. I use the 15" for my late November, early March cold weather rides.

height

COuld you still see over the 15"?

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I'm 6'3" also. I first got a 15" and it was too tall in the lowest position. I then ordered a 13" and found this to be perfect for the majority of my riding. I use the 15" for my late November, early March cold weather rides.

Early on, there was a bit of a problem with the base of the Madstad not matching the curvature of the fairing thus leaving a gap. Does anyone know if this is still an issue on the newer Madstads?

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Early on, there was a bit of a problem with the base of the Madstad not matching the curvature of the fairing thus leaving a gap. Does anyone know if this is still an issue on the newer Madstads?

Still an issue. I even received a new base from them. But it's nothing that weatherstripping can't easily address.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I did have a small gap on the left side. I had a rubber strip already on the bike provided with the ClearView shield that I replaced. No gap on the right and put it all together leaving the small gap on the one side. Next time I take the nose off I will probably seal it with more rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Still an issue. I even received a new base from them. But it's nothing that weatherstripping can't easily address.
    Thanks Will. I remember when you got yours how you were upset about it. We seem to have the same issue about things being centered and balanced in our world. If the Madstad had the same gap at both ends it wouldn't be an issue for me. But..........................well, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickc View Post
    I did have a small gap on the left side. I had a rubber strip already on the bike provided with the ClearView shield that I replaced. No gap on the right and put it all together leaving the small gap on the one side. Next time I take the nose off I will probably seal it with more rubber.
    Thanks Rickc. I have a Clearview on now with that rubber gasket. Just maybe that will fill the gap on the Madstad if I decide to order one.

Quote Originally Posted by dustytrader View Post
    COuld you still see over the 15"?
    At the lowest position, just barely. Seems like most times the top of the shield was just in my line of vision. It was very distracting. When I do put in on for cold weather riding, I put up with the distraction.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Hey Mike, I will text you some pics. I'm not quite hi tech enough to getting my pics on the forum.
    Yeah, found out you need to have your own site to host PICs, then link to them. (Wonder how SimTech is doing)
    I did get the pictures you texted, thanks.
    We'll need a review on your new seat after you've put a few miles on..... think that's my next move.... unless I break down and get a 2018 !!