Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
I don't recommend it for anyone unless you know court procedure, are willing to go before the IRS and court and articulate the specifics of your case. The volumes of paperwork required is beyond what you could imagine because once you submit your first "zero return" and exempt withholding forms the shit hits the fan. The NFL Sucks. It is so much easier to pay, however, being a thick-headed curious prick and loving a challenge I decided to fight the fight. The NFL Sucks. Even with the law, the facts and the paperwork on my side it did not stop them from garnishing my pay - for one cycle as I had it released with a phone call and a fax. The NFL Sucks. But there is nothing like going into an IRS meeting in front of an agent, opening the Internal Revenue Code and saying "Show me where in the Code does it make me 'liable' for an income tax" and they can't, then the mumbling starts and eventually they get up and walk out of the meeting. The NFL sucks. When you become the aggressor and leave them speechless to the point where they leave you have a sense of satisfaction for all the people they scared the shit out of, garnished their wages, ruined their lives. The NFL Sucks. I begged them to audit me, they wouldn't because I'd be in and out of an audit in less than 5 minutes and give them nothing. The NFL sucks. How could a private trust based in Puerto Rico seize, without a court order in direct violation of the 4th Amendment, bank accounts, wages, etc. Don't get me started. The NFL Sucks
I don't understand.... are you saying the IRS is a private trust based in PR? Or that you were the PR trust or representing/acting for the trust? I ask cause I happen to know lots of IT folks who work for IRS (IT)... One's a big-wig IT guy... whose never mentioned PR.

The IRS is fubar. I think it's because Congress passed a ton of bad law. But the courts haven't helped because those who win in courts are those who can spend lots of cash hiring better lawyers and spending huge amounts of cash on a case. Congress won't fix it by passing better law, because they are bought and paid for too. Instead they and successive presidents seem to add more to clutter up the tax code each year, by giving more more deductions, credits and favors each year. When it gets so bad, about once a generation, we engage in a half hearted effort to reform and simplify. We did this in the 1980s under Reagan and under Kennedy in the early 1960s. And some think we are doing this now. But these efforts never go far enough, and the fat cats never go away, and are always looking for the next tax gimmick.

I especially agree the courts have the power to determine what your constitutional rights are... That's one of their powers in our system. Complaining that you don't have any rights in a courtroom, is pointless since it's the court that interprets and decides what the constitution and all those written laws, regulations and court precedent means for any one case (meaning your case), one at a time. Besides, is there a good alternative to having the courts do this? It's kind of fundamental to the three branches system we've got.

Bottom line this for me: Were you successful in your dealings with the IRS? Success to me means that they stopped coming after you for the amounts they claimed you owed.

And the NFL sucks! I prefer college football. The cheerleaders are better looking! The game is faster and the tickets are cheaper! Of course it's just as dangerous and corrupt, but it's still more fund than the NFL. I am sure that part of my preference for college ball comes from growing up in a city with a big time school and no NFL teams within a 3 hour drive.