Windshield heights question

Thread: Windshield heights question

Windshield heights question

Question for those of you that have tried a few..... What windshield will keep my 5.5 foot passenger happy? I bought the 11 to 19 bagger shield which works great for me. And ok for her till we ride the interstate. Then neither works but she can tolerate the 11 as the 19 causes too much buffeting at speed.

Do yourself a favor, just get a Madstad, then you won't need to buy a 3rd windshield.

I have a question about the Madstad. I just picked up my F6B last month from Tucson Az. and drove it back to Houston Tx. Love the bike but needs a new windshield. Looking at the Madstad site it shows 4 shield sizes. It suggests an 11" for my size, the smallest. That seems small to me but I don't want a huge one. Will an 11" actually be that much better than stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I have a question about the Madstad. I just picked up my F6B last month from Tucson Az. and drove it back to Houston Tx. Love the bike but needs a new windshield. Looking at the Madstad site it shows 4 shield sizes. It suggests an 11" for my size, the smallest. That seems small to me but I don't want a huge one. Will an 11" actually be that much better than stock?
    Yes the 11" will be that much better. I ordered the 11" based on their height to size ratio (I am 5-11), it is perfect.

Ditto here. I'm also 5'11" and have the 11" Madstad and a Russell Day-Long. At the lowest, I see over it. At the highest, no problem. The plus is the angled "degree" adjustment besides the height movement. The "vent" that isn't there is always open due to the design. I put a Baggershield on last week for comparison and will test it out soon. It might be the winter shield, although we rarely have any winter here, ever.

Appreciate the info, I guess I'll give the Madstad a shot. I was looking at a Clearview with the vent, I had one on my 2004 ST 1300 and liked it. Hey Walcrow are you a member of Two Wheeled Texans?