Pathfinder Rectangular LED Fog Light Kit GL 1800 Gold Wing 12+/ F6B/Valkyrie
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder Rectangular LED Fog Light Kit GL 1800 Gold Wing 12+/ F6B/Valkyrie

Pathfinder Rectangular LED Fog Light Kit GL 1800 Gold Wing 12+/ F6B/Valkyrie

I just installed the Pathfinder Rectangular LED Fog Light Kit GL 1800 Gold Wing 12+/ F6B, which I got from a sponsor - Value Accessories - Damn saweeet!!!
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    I just installed the Pathfinder Rectangular LED Fog Light Kit GL 1800 Gold Wing 12+/ F6B, which I got from a sponsor - Value Accessories - Damn saweeet!!!
    they look great with modulating LED headlights:

http://vid988.photobucket.com/albums...pszbwqjhsg.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    they look great with modulating LED headlights:

http://vid988.photobucket.com/albums...pszbwqjhsg.mp4
    Looks good.

Pathfinder LED Headlamp Conversion

Did you replace both the Hi - Beam and Low Beam bulbs when doing this? I'm wondering if the Hi - Beams need to be replaced when doing this conversion? Sounds like the low beams make such an improvement that some members feel that the LED Hi-Beams would be overkill and offensive to oncoming traffic.

What is your experience and opinion now that you've had them installed for a while?

Thanks for the feed back.

Quote Originally Posted by krmiller70 View Post
    Did you replace both the Hi - Beam and Low Beam bulbs when doing this? I'm wondering if the Hi - Beams need to be replaced when doing this conversion? Sounds like the low beams make such an improvement that some members feel that the LED Hi-Beams would be overkill and offensive to oncoming traffic.

What is your experience and opinion now that you've had them installed for a while?

Thanks for the feed back.
    I've had the LED lows and highs for over 2 years.
    The difference is amazing.
    I would do both only because the difference in the color is aesthetically displeasing.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

i have been considering these. Some reviews say they don't throw much light. So Cal response is that fog lights are not supposed to. What do you think?

I put a set of these on last week and love the looks and functionality. During normal dark riding, they're right, they don't throw a 'longer' light. They do, however, fill out the sides a bit which helps cornering. The daytime running lights are very noticeable as is the extra turn signal function.

Functioning as 'fog lights', their job is not to enable you to see any farther in fog (no light can help much in the soup), but will illuminate you to others much earlier without blinding you if aimed properly.

It's in that vein that I installed them and feel they function extremely well.

My 2 pennies.

F6B Adapter for fog lights

I just bought the Pathfinder LED Fog lights and also an adapter, part number F6B1A (got all this from Wingstuff), but after opening the kits and reviewing the instructions, Cruiseman's video and the website, I don't see any real instruction info about the adapters. Everything else looks easy enough.

Did anyone actually use these adapters?
    2015 F6B Matte Siver
    2008 Yamaha RSTD Silver/Grey
    2004 BMW R1150RT Siver
    1984 Kawasaki GPz 550 Silver
    See a theme in color here?????? lol

Quote Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
    I just bought the Pathfinder LED Fog lights and also an adapter, part number F6B1A (got all this from Wingstuff), but after opening the kits and reviewing the instructions, Cruiseman's video and the website, I don't see any real instruction info about the adapters. Everything else looks easy enough.

Did anyone actually use these adapters?

What is the adapter supposed to "adapt" exactly. I don't recall needing one. Everything that was needed came in the Pathfinder box. If it snugs them up to the cowl a little tighter, I would use them as there is a gap between the cowl and the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
    What is the adapter supposed to "adapt" exactly. I don't recall needing one. Everything that was needed came in the Pathfinder box. If it snugs them up to the cowl a little tighter, I would use them as there is a gap between the cowl and the lights.
    Just a thought but the rectangular protectors help to fill in any visible gaps pretty well (not completely but well enough that you don't notice unless inspecting it closely). I have the ShowChrome Tridium LED fog/driving lights installed and these covers (see link) do double duty -- offering protection from stone impacts and tidying up the cowl gaps.
    http://www.bigbikeparts.com/template...5&GroupGuid=16