2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2) - Page 18
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2)

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Please don't give up on the Smokies! Next time you can get out here, let me know. We can round some folks up and have a mini-rally. Y'all be safe! Texans are the toughest folks around, but damn...
    Thanks, Teach, I'm thinking sometime in mid October, lord have mercy and the creeks don't rise and all that...

Well, even after waiting to nearly the last minute, I still have to cancel. I have several deadlines here at work I was hoping to get well positioned for prior to leaving, but that looks like it's not going to happen. I've never been the type who "lives to work", or even one who believes anybody should be like that, but this project has been my baby for the past 10 months and I need to keep the momentum rolling.

Anyway, I swear I'm cursed in my ability to make it to our Rally. Disappointed I'll miss out on great riding and making new friends, but I hope everyone has a spectacular and safe time! I canceled my Vacation Lodge reservations moments ago, but as others have said, it sounds like they're over-booked to begin with but might not hurt to try.

As a Cleveland sports fan I am used to the saying "There's always next year!" that I'll make it to the rally. Ride safe!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Dana, what is your last name? After checking the National Weather Service map for the week, I'm going to cancel my room this morning. I'm 0-2 on planned trips to the Smokies this year, due to torrential rain, but my situation is a minor inconvenience, compared to that hitting the folks in Houston.

https://graphical.weather.gov/sectors/conus.php#tabs

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought that...
    Jeff,
    The Monday morning crew at the Vacation Lodge fixed my problem. They now tell me I have a room. Thanks for thinking of me. Wish you could find a safe way around the storm.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    AZ represents!
    Booked.
    Is 1 a party?
    Wed-Sun
    Can't wait to see you and let you meet Mz. Reaper!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Well, even after waiting to nearly the last minute, I still have to cancel. I have several deadlines here at work I was hoping to get well positioned for prior to leaving, but that looks like it's not going to happen. I've never been the type who "lives to work", or even one who believes anybody should be like that, but this project has been my baby for the past 10 months and I need to keep the momentum rolling.

Anyway, I swear I'm cursed in my ability to make it to our Rally. Disappointed I'll miss out on great riding and making new friends, but I hope everyone has a spectacular and safe time! I canceled my Vacation Lodge reservations moments ago, but as others have said, it sounds like they're over-booked to begin with but might not hurt to try.

As a Cleveland sports fan I am used to the saying "There's always next year!" that I'll make it to the rally. Ride safe!
    I'm sorry about that Elroy - but when you are the project lead and that's what's paying the bills, well, sometimes it has to take a priority.
    Gonna miss you - again!
    However, not so much that I'm going to schedule the next Rally in Cleveland.....

Be safe,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I'm sorry about that Elroy - but when you are the project lead and that's what's paying the bills, well, sometimes it has to take a priority.
    Gonna miss you - again!
    However, not so much that I'm going to schedule the next Rally in Cleveland.....

Be safe,
    Steve
    Thank you Steve, appreciate all you and everyone else does to keep this place around. Not being able to go this year stings a bit more than previous years for whatever reason.

"...schedule the next Rally in Cleveland..."
    Yeah, I wouldn't let you do this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 6gun View Post
    Jeff,
    The Monday morning crew at the Vacation Lodge fixed my problem. They now tell me I have a room. Thanks for thinking of me. Wish you could find a safe way around the storm.
    Okay, thx for letting me know. I just cancelled, so there is a room available, for anyone that wants to go, but has not been able to make reservations. NOTE: This room is not part of the rally block, as I made the reservation after all of them were taken up. The bad thing is that the rates may be higher, the good thing is that my cancellation fee was only 15% of the first night, not the whole first night. The lady that answered the phone said they may waive that, due to the reason for my cancellation, (Harvey), so that's nice.

Rubber side down, folks, maybe next year!

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyked View Post
    Can't wait to see you and let you meet Mz. Reaper!!
    I can't wait to hug your neck!

And y'all, if you think an ordinary, every day F6B gets a ton of attention, just wait until you see Mz Reaper.

Well, I hate to tell everyone this way but I'm still coming . Really looking forward to seeing everyone again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

There have been at least 5 cancellations from this group today alone for the Vacation Lodge because of the weather forecast.
    If anyone wants a room there should be no problem.