Need Opinions Please - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Opinions Please

Heel toe shifter

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Before you purchase a Heal/Toe Shifter, I would humbly suggest you read and heed the attached Post/Thread of a former member. Undue stress induced by some extra leverage on the trans resulted in some very complex repairs!

Help... MY Tranny is SCREWED

For whatever reason I can't "paste the thread".................do a search "My tranny is Screwed"
    I purchased a heel toe shifter from Rivco, but did not like it at all. My previous bike was a Honda VTX 1300 and I loved the heel toe shifter on it, but the foot position on that bike was way forward. On the B as the shifter is not so far forward, I found it very uncomfortable to use, so I removed it after a week and sent it back and Rivco credited me the whole price (Yaa Rivco) Also as stated here, It does seem to clunk the gear shift more. I really like the shifter on the bike. stick with it.

Klock Werks 14"

If you're running the OEM seat... and you're over 5'10" tall... you may not like the slight amount of helmet buffeting. If you're looking for a "clear air bubble" - better do some serious research on what brand/model & size will best suit you.

IMHO... the more one needs a still bubble of air behind the fairing/windshield, the more the F6B starts looking like your run of the mill Goldwing.... IMHO, to keep the "look" and still have adequate protection, some level of compromise between style and function needs to exist for this bike.

Quote Originally Posted by OlyF6B View Post
    If you're running the OEM seat... and you're over 5'10" tall... you may not like the slight amount of helmet buffeting. If you're looking for a "clear air bubble" - better do some serious research on what brand/model & size will best suit you.

IMHO... the more one needs a still bubble of air behind the fairing/windshield, the more the F6B starts looking like your run of the mill Goldwing.... IMHO, to keep the "look" and still have adequate protection, some level of compromise between style and function needs to exist for this bike.
    Baggershield adjustable works great for me and is very quiet at all speeds.....No buffeting or wind noise irritation that bothers..I am 5' 9" with the 1" lower Mustang seat and all is well.....Don't like the looks of the Madstad, to much hardware!!!

When it comes to windshields, you have to decide what is more important to you, form or function. The angle/height adjustable shields work better at deflecting wind but they sure don't look as good as some of the other fixed shields. Form or function? I think you have to choose. You can't have both.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrider View Post
    When it comes to windshields, you have to decide what is more important to you, form or function. The angle/height adjustable shields work better at deflecting wind but they sure don't look as good as some of the other fixed shields. Form or function? I think you have to choose. You can't have both.
    Oh, I think I can.....My Isleen is gorgeous with her Madstad.....
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...y-Isleen/page2

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Im with 53driver...I really like the look of the Madstad on mine. Its not function only.

My opinion here, but the only down side to the Klockwerks windshield is it is not adjustable. It looks awesome on the B...but if it doesnt work for you you cant tune it. That is probably the main reason I didnt buy it
    2015 matte silver F6B

I will third the opinion that the Mastad looks good on the B. Both the bike and the shield look futuristic. Besides if the shield does not work good then the bike will look better with the useless stock shield. It is all a matter of opinion when talking about how something looks. I see things sometimes on bikes that make me say egads what are they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post

Help... MY Tranny is SCREWED

For whatever reason I can't "paste the thread".................do a search "My tranny is Screwed"
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...Tranny+SCREWED

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Nut View Post
    Just picked-up my F6B and I would like those that have, or have looked at, the following items and give me their opinions please:

Rivco Heel Toe Shifter and Floor Boards model GL 18020

Rivco Chrome Flip-0ut Highway Pegs model GL 18003

Klock Werks 14" Dark Smoke Flare Windshield

Show Chrome Accessories Smart Mount Driver Backrest P/N 52-832

Thanks,
    Mike

ps. Thanks for the add!
    Hi Mike, welcome to the "B" hive. Accessories or not, you will love this bike.

Rivco Aeropegs Yes

heard horror stories about the heel toe shifter. causing damage to the tranny.

I know the F6B is tight around the toe area....
    I have a pair of steel toe motorcycle boots from my Harley days...
    There is no fitting that boot toe under/over that shifter.
    Thus the reason a lot of guys tried the heel toe shifter.

I still like riding in boots, but now I wear my work boots.
    No steel toes or composite toe boxes.

I wear Bates, 5.11, Thorogood's ,,, a normal toe fits well enough.

I'm with the guys above who say, "put a few thousand miles on it before a bunch of changes"

Also, I Love my baggershield. it is 11" in the down position and 19" when its up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo