2017 get together ?
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2017 get together ?

2017 get together ?

Any ideas yet on where and when it may be? Inquiring minds would like to know .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Somewhere near NC I'm sure
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Let's get through the election first......we'll see what options are left! Lol.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Let's get through the election first......we'll see what options are left! Lol.

That is a a funny statement, but unfortunately there is a lot of truth.

I was very happy with Russelville, AR and would go back there with no problems.

I was very happy with Franklin, NC and would go back there with no problems.
    I was very happy with Russelville, AR and would go back there with no problems.

I'd like to show off my skill at complicating things. Here are some mid-Atlantic possibilities. I've attended motorcycle gatherings at each of these. They all have large parking lots for burnouts and wheelie contests, and they all have restaurants and bars within walking distance - if not on site.

Marietta, OH
    lafayettehotel.com

Fayetteville, WV
    Quality Inn New River Gorge

Staunton, VA
    Howard Johnson Express Inn

Of course, northwest Arkansas always works. I was kidding about the burnouts and wheelie contests.

allen

SierraKen

Colorado

Why not an entirely different location more centrally located like Colorado. The Rockies offer an entirely different riding opportunity. Great roads, wonderful scenery and elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by SierraKen View Post
    Why not an entirely different location more centrally located like Colorado. The Rockies offer an entirely different riding opportunity. Great roads, wonderful scenery and elevation.
    Have to admit that I have always wanted to go to Colorado!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Two Rallys????

It's not really fiscally viable for the forum proceeds to adequately cover, but having an East Coast Rally and a West Coast Rally is not horribly far fetched.

Need to know if that's something we want to explore, and if there is a "registration fee" to cover some costs (tent/beer/water/gatorade) how many people would be needed to register in advance (i.e. Non refundable) to make it plausible?

I'm just tossing this out there for discussion - NO DECISION has been made!!!!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I just did a trip out to Denver and beyond !!! Unbelievable riding and the elevations will take your breath...literally !!! The problem there is it would take a week + to see some of it . I was out there for 2 + weeks. Read $$$$$.

I am a fan of NC. But would also like to see a West coast rally so those folks could attend...again $$$ for everyone from the East coast. When AK was first mentioned I stated the above. I still say it. You will gain some, you will lose some, it's nice to spread the love !!! Labor day weekend is a special weekend for me as I have been meeting friends that weekend for over 10 years. I need to be somewhere that weekend. Again we will gain some and lose some...

There are a lot of things in the air right now. I suggest we think about this over the winter and get serious about the discussion after Feb. first !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com