BMW K1600B - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BMW K1600B

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    It usually comes down to a need for luggage. The FJR has lots, with the side bags, each of which is 3x the size of the same on the B, a Mama Yama rear case, and a Corbin Smuggler, because the wife don't ride.
    Wait, what? The fjr has more luggage space than the B? It's been over 10 years since I traded my 05 away, but we had 24k happy miles. That is the bike that I still get real close to gushing over, every time I think/talk about her. Maybe I need to consider going back? Hmmm.

Mike

KTM....

If you want a truly bad ass bagger the KTM Super Duke GT could fit the bill, not really a bagger per say, but could be an absolute blast to ride. Guess it would be a "sport touring" bike.

It usually comes down to a need for luggage. The FJR has lots...
    Thanks for the reply Jeff. I can understand that.
    I strap a 40 liter Torrent bag to the back seat to take my "stuff", but a top case is a real nice addition. Plus I never seem to have any extra space in my saddlebags! But the ride is just the best. I haven't ridden an FJ so can't compare but I do know it's an IB favorite.

Enjoy the rally

WEG

Quote Originally Posted by WEGI View Post
    Thanks for the reply Jeff. I can understand that.
    I strap a 40 liter Torrent bag to the back seat to take my "stuff", but a top case is a real nice addition. Plus I never seem to have any extra space in my saddlebags! But the ride is just the best. I haven't ridden an FJ so can't compare but I do know it's an IB favorite.

Enjoy the rally

WEG
    Yeah, not making the rally this year. We have this little thing in Texas called Harvey, and I don't ride in that kind of rain... mebbe next year. On a lighter note, WingDing is three hours north, and away from the coast!

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Wait, what? The fjr has more luggage space than the B? It's been over 10 years since I traded my 05 away, but we had 24k happy miles. That is the bike that I still get real close to gushing over, every time I think/talk about her. Maybe I need to consider going back? Hmmm.

Mike
    You can pick up clean Gen IIs for about $5K now, which is one of the reasons mine is going to be living here for quite some time. The side cases are 30 liters each, and I believe the B is 11 liters each.

You can pick up clean Gen IIs for about $5K now, which is one of the reasons mine is going to be living here for quite some time. The side cases are 30 liters each, and I believe the B is 11 liters each.
    The B is advertised with 22l, I assume that is each, not total. Surely that's not total. I'd probably get a current gen for the tbw & cruise alone. All I know, next bike will be abs again.

Mike

Cool BMW 1600B

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    I'm looking forward to riding the Beemer at some point, but in no hurry considering how much I like the B. However, that said, a couple of notes: The bags looked a little smaller to me, too, but I heard on one of the video reviews that they could each fit a full face helmet, so maybe they're actually bigger? Central locking would be nice on ours, and the K has it, but even without, I think the integration of ours looks better.

Besides Central locking, though, there are plenty of features that make this seem like a fun ride. Multiple on the fly suspension modes, electronic windshield (a little silly this one in particular isn't already on the Goldwing platform), and that engine. 160 ponies. Yeehaw. Not to mention the inline 6 allows for easy toes-forward foot positions, and those forward position floorboards look pretty trick to me, and quite comfortable. Being able to plant your feet forward and clutchlessly shift on a bagger seems like a VERY nice combo.

Like I said, I'm looking forward to riding it at some point. But honestly, I'm looking even more forward to Honda's answer to it. What great time to be alive.

Jason
    Test drove one two weeks ago, smoother than my F6B with more power. Was raining so wasn't able to really hit the gas. Also bags look smaller but are larger than F6b. Handling function & ride quality are better too. Love my F6 but might wait a year & decide. When facing the front faring they look a little like a space ship, fit & finish was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by michal View Post
    Test drove one two weeks ago, smoother than my F6B with more power. Was raining so wasn't able to really hit the gas. Also bags look smaller but are larger than F6b. Handling function & ride quality are better too. Love my F6 but might wait a year & decide. When facing the front faring they look a little like a space ship, fit & finish was spot on.
    That's awesome, thanks for the review. I'm really suprised about the bags, I thought they are smaller than F6B. Less weight and more power is a good thing. I like my F6B but I will test drive a BMW when opportunity presents itself. I'm also curious about the new Wing, if there is any next year. What with Harley updating it's line, BMW with their bagger and Yamaha with new Venture the market is getting heated. Logic dictates that Honda should update the Goldwing platform soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Quote Originally Posted by michal View Post
    Nice!! I'm looking forward to riding one. However, owning one will definitely have to wait a couple of years for others to eat some depreciation, look for any reliability red flags, and also for Honda to answer the call with their new offerings. In the meantime, I'm riding one of the best bikes I've ever ridden, the F6b, so all of this is just fun food for thought to me.

Jason

The K1600b is a great bike and I have owned one for about a week. I love my F6B so I plan on keeping it for a long time. It has taken quite a bit of work to make the F6B extremely comfortable for me (taller windscreen, Corbin seat, Air Hawk pad, bar risers) and I think it will probably be a little less work to make the K1600b as comfortable for the long rides. Out of the box it is a lot more fun, sporty and refined in every way possible than the F6b. It's electronically controlled dynamic suspension results in a very luxurious ride and it handles corners like a sport bike. What a hoot!! The saddlebags are oddly shaped, but hold 37 liters each. The stock seat is better to me than the F6B stock seat (you also have your choice of the standard seat height or a shorter seat at no extra cost) but I will need a little more comfort and a seat with a backrest for long trips. Rumor is that BMW is designing such a seat or I will have to wait for an aftermarket seat. In the meantime the stock seat is pretty good. I have a Cee Bailey windscreen that is 3 inches taller (choices are 3 inch up to 11 inches taller in 2 inch increments) on order and I have ordered the saddlebag liners and center stand. The Garmin GPS is the bomb! I also own a 2014 K1600gt and have not had any problems in 3 awesome years of ownership. The BMW 6 cylinder motors are simply intoxicating.