FJR or F6B
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FJR or F6B

FJR or F6B

I have a 2013 FJR. My second FJR. The first, a 2003, rode on a number of long trips, including Nova Scotia and Colorado. Loved the bike, but it sat up a little high and the center of gravity, again a bit high.

Previously owned an 1100 Shadow, R6, FZ6, and a Victory Vision. Loved the seat on the Vision, but for me, hard bike to handle in quick, sharp turns.

At one time, owned the 03FJR, 08FZ6, and the 11Vision. Got rid of those bikes and purchased the 13FJR. I like the bike, but seat height a little much (I am 5'7" and about a 28-29 inseam). Always looking for something with a lower center of gravity and a little lower seat height that is easy to ride, but has power and I can take on trips.

YESTERDAY, went to Honda for first time in years and sat on an F6B. Felt pretty good. I like the seating position (I think), and I hear the bike has a lot of power. Just wonder how it would feel in the curves, long distance, etc.

Basically, WOULD THIS BE A GOOD REPLACEMENT FOR FJR?

I am 50 and not sure I care as much about the "Sport" side of sport touring, but I do like to have the maneuverability and speed when I want to have it. My best riding buddy has an FZ1 (naked sport bike) and it is important to keep up with him when I want.

Thoughts? Many FJR owners who have went to the F6B.

Can get a really good deal on a 2013 F6B right now.

Traded my 04 FJR in for the F6B.....had it for just over a week now ( 600 miles)
    and no regrets.....Put 89,000 miles on the FJR ...
    You will adjust your riding style a bit for this big bike but the pace
    you can turn at will be pretty amazing...and the comfort level is a
    no brainier......my advice....pull the trigger.
    a1scoot

Quote Originally Posted by a1scoot View Post
    Traded my 04 FJR in for the F6B.....had it for just over a week now ( 600 miles)
    and no regrets.....Put 89,000 miles on the FJR ...
    You will adjust your riding style a bit for this big bike but the pace
    you can turn at will be pretty amazing...and the comfort level is a
    no brainier......my advice....pull the trigger.
    a1scoot
    a1scoot ... I have been hearing about buffeting. What is your experience?

Stock windshield is way too short...threw on a smoked 11 inch and all is good.....

Sold a 06 FJR AE, and a Road King to get F6B. No regrets, up until the F6B the FJR was my favorite. Go for it!!

My previous bike was a Concours 14. Many put the C14 and the FJR in the same category. I never considered the C14 as being top-heavy and I imagine you feel the same about the FJR. Once you experience the F6B however, and then go back to the FJR, I'm betting you will be surprised at how top-heavy it feels by comparison. IMHO, the F6B is what it is due to the unusually low CG. There's a very high probability that you will never look back after upgrading to the F6B.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I'm 66 and 5'8" and recently purchase '14 FJR. For the price you get cruise control, heated grips, ABS, 2 driving moods and plenty of speed/power. I installed Corbin which added comfort and lowered the ride abit. Can't believe what you get for less than 15K. On the other hand last Spring purchased F6B. Now this is some "smooth" machine, very comfortable, good power and nice ride. I installed Mustang seat and increase comfort level 100%. I gotta say both bikes offer a lot and very happy to own them both. And I have a very tough decision to make, as soon as winter leaves the mountains I want to take a trip to Glacier National Park.........the question is, which bike to take?

FJR vs. F6B

I agree that the FJR is a great bike. Frankly, I think there is no better value out there than the FJR. Bang for buck, if u want a sports tourer, the FJR is the best.

That being said, do I really utilize the "sport" capabilities? Not really.

It's my second FJR and I love the idea of owning one. Just wonder if I would never look back. Would have two bikes, but just not practical for me.

I'm with Hornblower - had a 2012 C14 and traded it for the F6B. To me they are not easily compared, the Honds is WAY more comfortable but MUCH slower than the Connie. Having said that both my wife and I feel the Honda is overall a much better value than the Connie because of the comfort, cool factor and the ability to ride aggressively when I want. The C14 had one desired speed, very fast.

I also find the handling of the Honda to be better balanced. The C14 did feel top heavy to me and the Honda is way better in the wind. Low that low center or gravity.

Like I said, to me it's like comparing a banana to a peanut butter sandwich. I like them both but for different reasons.

Wow, I never really looked at the FJR and I gotta say that's one fine machine for 2014. It has a few options I wish the F6B had but it comes down to what kind if riding you like best. Both bikes are capable of either style of riding but I think if you're more sporty then the FJR would be more fun. It's also the seating position. Sporty vs cruiser. I can't say either choice is bad. I think I'll have to demo a FJR at bike week this year.