2018 Rally Location ---> POLL - Page 6

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

2018 Rally Location

Durango Colorado gets my vote!

Montrose - Grand Junction, Auray, Colorado better to best.
    Anywhere northern Wyoming better to best(My favorite).
    Oregon better to best.
    Washington State good to better.
    Montana better to best (Beartooth pass - Sunlight Basin, Redlodge, Glacier - Road to the Sun).

All have an endless selection of legendary roads, great rides, beautiful scenery and friendly hosts.

I'd post pictures if...☹

Plus, I have relatives across the Rockies that would help make a rally successful.

Im in if it's in the Missouri headwaters or anywhere west of there.

Two separate gigs?
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Huh?

I thought the idea was to have one big rally - where we could all party together - but for once have it in a location where west coast residents could attend without a 2,000+ miles ride to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    There are NO objections to a WEST COAST Rally that runs on the same weekend.
    2 Rallies ... Let's do it.

jm21ddd15 You lead the way. I don't have the time to travel that far, dedicate finances or time for 2 events.
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    No offense to anyone that lives within 200 miles of there, but it has all of the appeal to me of driving up and down my driveway....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geogra..._United_States

You know whats funny, I remember reading an article a few years back about a lady that owns a house at that spot. And she often gets harassing mail, phone calls, and lawsuits from complete strangers. The reason being is when people do a web IP search, or an search for an address for a hacker or malicious web site, sometimes the info isn't entered into a database, the the tracking software defaults to the middle of america, which happens to be her front yard.

From that link above, "In an unusual technical glitch, a farmstead northeast of Potwin, Kansas became the default site of 600 million IP addresses (due to their lack of fine granularity) when the Massachusetts-based digital mapping company MaxMind changed the putative geographic center of the contiguous United States from 39.8333333,-98.585522 to 38.0000,-97.0000.[2]"

Also, Id like to suggest an idea that might help. Im a member of a few different vehicle websites, and they all have geographical specific sub forms. Places like New England, Mid Atlantic, Pacific North West, ect. Maybe the site admin might consider adding a few location specific sub forums. I know Ive used them for more than just rides. Sometimes its very helpful to have someone close that knows how to wrench on your vehicle and can offer a 6 pack and bbq for their help.

I know that some people may feel left but nothing says you cant put out a call for a Midwest gathering and invite any and all who want to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxstriper View Post
    I thought the idea was to have one big rally - where we could all party together - but for once have it in a location where west coast residents could attend without a 2,000+ miles ride to get there.
    The only problem I see with two at once would be the guys in the middle. They'd have to choose which way to go! Personally, I couldn't get enough time off to make a west coast rally possible. I still need to get to a more local one!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxstriper View Post
    Unfortunately, many of us are not retired.

Someone has to dedicate 100's of hours to make these events happen.
    Finding financial assistance and door prizes requires even more time.

So are you volunteering your time to run a West Coast event?
    I think a West Coast Rally would be nice, however we need a couple of individuals from the West Coast to step up to the plate to Orchestrate this event

Being in Florida, logistically this is an event that I would not be able to orchestrate nor attend.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i prefer to keep it away from the big cities. i really dont like travelling in heavy populated areas. just me - it safer too and usually a little cheaper for stuff. I am all for the Rockies or yellowstone or Utah . .. just my 2 cents worth . . . I went to Wing Ding last year in Billings. . . . great place - the city is not big at all and lots of nice roads there.

Bunny
    X2

Help

I would be willing to help coordinate the 2018 rally in Durango if that is where it is decided to have it.

I have never done this kind of thing, so I don't think I could take on the whole rally myself.

Jasper Arkansas is a nice place, I do not know if Gordons Hotel can handle the crowd.
    Nice place and motorcycle friendly.
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

To The Moderators

Has anyone looked into the membership to determine where geographically the majority of members reside?
    East Coast, West Coast, North East, etc?

You could hold the 2018 Rally in Lebanon, Kansas, which is the geographic center of the 48 contiguous states, then there would be no complaints about location, but I doubt there are many twisties or switchbacks in the middle of the corn fields?