Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
I did about 120 miles yesterday with speeds from 75 to 80.I have it at the lowest setting and at 60 degrees and I experience no back draft and very little wind noise and very little if any head buffeting.I like looking over the top so I never tried a setting to look through it.I also have the Baker handwings which may help some with a back draft.The Bakers made a big difference when I had the 19" Baggershield so I can only assume they help with the Madstad.Plus not having a vent on the Madstad I feel the bakers will be nice in the warmer weather as they can be rotated to direct air at me.
Yep, keep forgetting you have the handwings, I am really going to have to look at those for summer because you are correct, they really will come in handy in the summer as this shield does take out most of the wind, and 95% of the buffeting. I had a pair on my GL 1800 and they seemed to give you the most bang for your buck on air divergence, much more than the double stack on the fairing did..I lowered shield to lowest setting today and put at 65 degrees, all the way towards me, and that seems to really take out the draft buy about 80%. I may try to put back to 60 at lowest and see if i can too eliminate it...I think that is what i started out with come to think of it on first ride, and do not recall the back draft...and you saw how excited I was in the video about first trial!! LOL.