Seems like this is a question that is open for debate and there is not a real option to "try before you buy". It appears that many F6B members do the "buy & try" and then "try to sell" more than a few times before they get that "just right feeling".

I would like to buy the right one once but that seems to be the challenge. I have almost 200,000 miles of saddle time on bikes since 1966 and never really gave windscreens the scrutiny that they get by the F6'ers.

Any guidance and recommendations based on road-time experience will be appreciated so I do not end up on the 4-Sale site trying to get rid of screens that didn't work for me.

One thing I have learned from this site is that size matters! Inseams, height, seats, riding companions, vents, eyebrows, etc.

So, here are may stats: 5'10''
30 " inseam
Longer from the belt up
34" arm length
All riding is one-up
Standard seat...for now
Ride sort'a slumped forward rather than a BMW rider posture
Love the sleek look of the F6
Prefer to stay with a minimal screen but want to reduce the wind buffeting and bug feast
Planning on riding from Ohio to CA and back next season

Prefer to buy a $150 screen rather than a $300 screen. BUT, would rather buy one $300 screen than two $150 screens...and then the $300 screen!

Madstand seems to be a "go-to" screen by many that ride two-up but there are so many other options available. Re-curved screens, bagger screens with adjustable height, add-on screen extensions, vents, non-vented, wide screens, tall screens, look-through screens, look-over screens... the options seem to be endless.

By the way, I ride without a helmet unless I am going through Missouri, W. Virginia, CA, and those other states that dictate how I dress when using their roads.

The stock screen works great if you lay on the tank or are 4' tall. When I sit up, the buffeting starts right at eyebrow height. I am guessing that if that screen was 3" taller it might work. That is why I am wondering if a recurve screen is a good workable option for a 0ne-Up rider.

Thanks for any words of wisdom before I pull out my credit card and start collecting wind screens