Which Wind Screen to Buy - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Which Wind Screen to Buy

me 2 cents

At your height a klockwerks 16 would be the ticket if you cant handle the madstad looks. I saw 53 drivers up close and the madstad really wasn't that bad. But I'm so dammed pretty, 6'1 with an ultimate king which adds an inch up I went klockwerks 16. I liked the idea of makeking it adjustable like a clearview shield. so I bought the klock 16 Goldwing version, not f6b to get the vent and some oem hardware to get it to work. all I needed was 3 oval metal inserts and it bolts up . then I drilled holes for a high position. the low is about 16 plus one which is perfect for me . I was visor up all the way to perdido key from okc. met up with 53driver for a few beers back in 2016.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

at

Quote Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
    So i too have a baggershield but its the convertible deal, tried medium clockwerks, sent back, JUST got the 16 in sport touring, recurve, no help for buffeting and maybe worse the baggershield, sending back today. Looks like many i am sending up the white flag for the MS. I am looking for a shield that not only reduces buffeting....well can we talk about that? does everyone who says buffeting mean the wind that the shield is not deflecting period, or is buffeting dirty air, turbulent air, that bounces your head from side to side. The air I am getting from the 19inch bagger shield seams to be pretty clean, unless i am highway with semis in front of me, or hotter day with a lot of heat rising off the pavement...then i am getting bounced around pretty good. Anyway I am 6 foot with at 33 inseam. When i go under the full face helmet the wind is hitting the top third of my helmet causing a lot of wind noise in helmet. So...I want to take that away and I want my wife more comfortable on the back. She is having to lean forward right now at highway speeds because her wind is twice what I feel at a normal sitting position. I am very cool with adjusting and looking thru the shield when she is on back. Someone said on this thread that the adjustments really dont change the air flow? which seems odd... I am nervous to go with the 13 but sounds like I may be looking thru the 15 at lowest position? please let me know how your passenger likes your 15, and any other comments on above. If you were 2 inches shorter, do you think you would be looking thru the 15 at the lowest level, even if you straightened your back a little more? thanks on all!!!
    When I say buffeting for me it did not knock my head around with the Baggershield it was more wind noise into the 3/4 face helmet I use.I lived with it for 3 Years but now that I have the Madstad I feel very little air noise in my helmet.Have not done many adjustments as the weather here has been in the low 30's since I installed it and have not rode much.Can't tell you about how a passenger likes it as my wife quit riding with me years ago-Solo for me now.As I said before at 6'4" with a 32" inseam I am all torso height and I look just over the 15" Madstad in the lowest position so I think the 13" would work well for you.I also have the Baker hand wings which seem to help also and are nice to be able to turn in for more air flow when needed.Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    When I say buffeting for me it did not knock my head around with the Baggershield it was more wind noise into the 3/4 face helmet I use.I lived with it for 3 Years but now that I have the Madstad I feel very little air noise in my helmet.Have not done many adjustments as the weather here has been in the low 30's since I installed it and have not rode much.Can't tell you about how a passenger likes it as my wife quit riding with me years ago-Solo for me now.As I said before at 6'4" with a 32" inseam I am all torso height and I look just over the 15" Madstad in the lowest position so I think the 13" would work well for you.I also have the Baker hand wings which seem to help also and are nice to be able to turn in for more air flow when needed.Hope this helps.
    thanks on all sir! much appreciated.

I'm running a Sliptreamer with the vent and love it.
    No buffeting at all.
    I looked at the Madstad but just cant accept the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ckwizard View Post
    I'm running a Sliptreamer with the vent and love it.
    No buffeting at all.
    I looked at the Madstad but just cant accept the looks of it.
    pretty much what i said when someone first mentioned the MS. cant beat em....joinem. everyone that has one ....almost everyone raves about them. will take a little less looks to get rid of the wind noise, went ahead and ordered the 15 inch today after 20 min on the phone with Larry in customer service. medium gray. I am hoping like others , the looks will grow on me.

Looks are what held me back for 2 years but I think it looks better in person then in the pics I would see.Ugly or not I would not go back to a typical type windshield after riding behind the Madstad.

The Madstad shield suits the bike...makes it look tough and it works. All these other shields that are tall, have vents, curves etc.. make the bike look like a big scooter. My 2 cents but to each is own.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Looks are what held me back for 2 years but I think it looks better in person then in the pics I would see.Ugly or not I would not go back to a typical type windshield after riding behind the Madstad.
    Yep you are the one that pushed me over the edge to get!! I went ahead and went with the 15 after long conversation...just to make sure i can jack it up high enough to get the wifey more comfy. Hope I can see over, Larry felt i had a good shot, can always send back...damn, I could have about paid for a new shield with all the return shipping charges on failed shields! The cool thing is, they must have had one made, as I am getting it tomorrow after ordering on Sunday! I guess that could be a good or bad thing, LOL!!

I have the Goldwing tall with vent. I am 5'11" with 32" inseam and 34/35 sleeve. My seat is a Mustang Tripper which seats the rider 1" lower and back. I am pleased. No buffeting nor drama at highway speed and the vent adds adjustability for different temperatures and speed.

I did did try the bike without a shield and that was a joke. Couldn't ride much faster than 40 mph without gusts ​and wind noise.

I also have a 4.5mm Polycarbonate VStream Windscreen N20012A (with vent opening) that will fit the 2001-14 GL1800 that came on the bike when I bought it. That windscreen is ~22" tall and 26" wide. Gave ultimate protection but I did not like the look. Original Price was $229 and willing to sell for $100 plus shipping or pickup in SW FL.

Let us know

Let us know if you can see over it

Quote Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
    Yep you are the one that pushed me over the edge to get!! I went ahead and went with the 15 after long conversation...just to make sure i can jack it up high enough to get the wifey more comfy. Hope I can see over, Larry felt i had a good shot, can always send back...damn, I could have about paid for a new shield with all the return shipping charges on failed shields! The cool thing is, they must have had one made, as I am getting it tomorrow after ordering on Sunday! I guess that could be a good or bad thing, LOL!!