R.I.P.

Thread: R.I.P.

R.I.P.

ByeBye Cats........Hello TBR's. It took a few nights after work this last week but finally got the TBR's all done. Main thanks to Mike (taxfree4) for his video on his Loopz install. If I thought his TBR's sounded good on YouTube, in person is a whole 'nother thing. Complete shake down Monday for several hundred miles minimum. I think the Russell Day-Long and the TBR's should be sold as a set...Gas here in Dallas in almost non-existent but the 6 is full.....a great Labor Day weekend to all.

Wow they look good. Am planning on getting the cats off. Can't wait.

Buzzzzzzzzzz.....

BE SURE to check the header 10mm nuts. Half of mine were really loose as I was taking the headers off. Hard to believe that Honda missed those torque numbers at the factory. I also recommend putting the supplied anti-seize lub from TBR on the INSIDE of the TBR connector that mates the exhaust to the end of the Torq Loop. Makes it much easier to slip it on and rotate the connector as you line up the exhaust to the loop. The connector is offset so it can be precisely aligned. Tighten up the exhaust first so it is flush with the mounting plate and then you can rotate the connector to seat it tight inside the front of the exhaust. Happy wrenching.

Walcrow... that looks great.

I was hoping that Mike would be here at the Rally so I could hear what they sounded like in person but unfortunately he was not able to make it.

One time thing I heard from from others here at the Rally, is that you lose the back pressure when converting to Torque Loops; which reveals resultant loss of exhaust braking when you roll off of the throttle.

What is your experience? Have you gone down a hill and rolled off the throttle yet?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Will..........

Just finished them up last night and won't be doing a ride till Monday. I'll check that out and report back. Mike's sounded good on YouTube but in person........DAMN!

Comparing the two, the stock pipes sound like they have some congestion of some sort, and these 2015's didn't sound bad at all. The TBR's sound as if the stock pipes got a good dose of antibiotics and some crystal meth thrown in for good measure

I was tempted to put the stock pipes back on behind the Torq Loopz to see what that did. Mike had his stocks on for a while but I've heard that the 2015 exhausts were opened up a bit similar to the Valk's. Maybe internet rumor, no clue on my part. I know for sure that these TBR's weigh less than the stocks, by a nice margin.

And BTW, how's the Traxxion holding up???

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post

And BTW, how's the Traxxion holding up???
    I'm not scraping my pegs as much. And this place (Smokey mountains) is a good test track for determining that. The front end is more firm, and from looking at the top oil wipe marks on the front stanchions, they're not compressing/traveling as much; as they were when the stock forks were present

I like the idea of having symmetrically matched front forks (regarding the internals). And I like the knowledge that I have tapered bearings now in the stem. Worth that horrible Atlanta rush hour experience

Traxxion did tell me to keep the front tire at 34psi cold... was a little concerned about having pressure lower than what mother Honda recommends... though Honda bases THAT on THEIR suspension. I have re-worked suspension so.... have been trying to find the minimum Bridgestone recommended tire pressure and either my Google-foo is weak or that pressure specification is non-existent to the general public. So for now I have it at 36 psi. But I think that Traxxion Dynamics maybe should be the new spec. Once I get back to Maryland I will pursue further thought on this.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

ByeBye Cats........Hello TBR's. It took a few nights after work this last week but finally got the TBR's all done. Main thanks to Mike (taxfree4) for his video on his Loopz install. If I thought his TBR's sounded good on YouTube, in person is a whole 'nother thing. Complete shake down Monday for several hundred miles minimum. I think the Russell Day-Long and the TBR's should be sold as a set...Gas here in Dallas in almost non-existent but the 6 is full.....a great Labor Day weekend to all.

RIP for sure, those look swanky and you really cant appreciate the sound till you are right there. Sorry about that will would have liked to have met you but had a home thing that came out of nowhere, as it usually does. Walcrow, welcome to the family, they really look great and you are correct the RDL, Loopz and TBR's should be sold as a package. Enjoy them and watch the heads turn when you hit the throttle. If the relative humidity is perfect the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligns with Mars you'll set off a car alarm.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Saweeeet

Fine just friggin fine!
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

I can relate to that 2 syllable word.....thanks.

The second photo shows the lower cap that is in front of the exhaust. TBR must have made the exhaust just a tad too long and the 2 pieces don't mate flush together. So far, that would be my main issue. I looked at 3 Gold Wings and one F6B this morning, all new on the dealer floor, and all of 'em kissed each other perfectly with no overlap like mine shows. It might be that the Torq Loop could be pushed onto the header a touch more, which might allow the lower cover to move forward. ..............more research coming.