Just how good is your F6B?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just how good is your F6B?

Just how good is your F6B?

I rolled 90,000 smiles this week on Man-O-War. In 3 1/2 years we have gone forth to conquer the scenic roadways of at least 45 of the lower 48, Alaska, all of the lower Canadian Providences and the Yukon. I'm saving vacation and coin to go back and see all the roads we missed. So much fun along the way! Meeting great folks, hiking, swimming, camping and just being in the wind magically spinning along on 2 wheels.

So just how good is my F6B? What I think is my bike is almost broken in. Runs slick on cheap gas, shifts like butter and is as fast as ever. What I know is that I'm satisfied with this one bike for now and I do not have a real itch for a new one and that's a mouthful for me.

How about you, has your 6 exceeded your expectations? Maybe you broke the 50 mpg barrier? I'd like to hear how you did it. Iron butt ride plus some? Just how far did you go in a day on a 6? So you raced on the Isle of Man in the TT with your Fturob6B and I missed it? Post up your race footage. How good is your F6B?
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

I've a long way to go to get to 90K (I'm at 25K now), and I haven't done anything astonishing on it but for enjoying every one of those miles. The bike is set up just the way I want it (though a complete suspension rework is in the cards at some point). Just really hard for me to imagine another bike working as well for me, and I'd probably have to dump $25K or more on it, so why bother? This one just works. See you in another 25K miles.

Other than my 1999 Valkyrie Tourer, I have not kept a bike as long as my current 2013 F6B purchased in late 2013..Got it set up with all I need and have no plans to look at another bike for now, or maybe never...Runs great, no issues, fast, smooth, comfortable, etc.,etc. and I only have 13,800 miles on it as I don't ride as much as I would like to due to my wife's health issues....Perhaps the day will come when I might look at the market, maybe the 2018 F6B..but as I will be 78 years old soon my riding days are numbered....so I probably will never see 90,000 miles on this bike, but glad to know how reliable they can be....Regards and ride safe

Yup, got my 2015 F6, set up the way I like it. Only 42000 miles, no need to trade, now. Besides, it's still all speculation about a "new" Wing. Seeing is believing. Not pictures on the internet.

Loving my 2013 F6B. Got 42k miles on her. I also still ride my Valkyrie. Still runs great. I have put quite a nice bundle of cash into her. With Progressive fork cartridges , Arnott Air ride in the rear, all custom stereo, Helibars, Corbin seat, LED lighting and switchbacks and on and on etc... I can't lie, drooling over pics of the new Wing and F6B, but I'll probably be at least doubling my mileage on this bike before really considering another one.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I want to be out there riding this bike all the time. Wife thinks I'm obsessed. She's right. Wasn't quite this bad with other bikes I've owned, bad but not this bad. 😁

Lightbulb Thanks for that!

Drive Jehu, thanks for writing that. I need ideas and insight also. I will be buying a new or used F6B in the next 4 to 8 months. I have been wanting one since 2013. I prefer the F6B set up over the full GW. I am struggling whether to buy a used 6B, or wait for the new one....this both from the financial side and knowing what ABS did for me in the past.

{ I used to be able to drag the saddle bags on my BMW K bike. I rode everywhere regardless of weather. More than once at night, behaving, and taking it easy, ABS kept me from going down. This happened when coming to a stop on roads where it was impossible to know how much friction was available etc.}

At 64 now, realizing that my skills will never be what they were, and to go down now, it will be much harder to heal... so doing everything to be safe makes so much sense!

Yet I know that the bike you ride is so great! Right now there are such awesome deals on low milage bikes. Saving over 10K is no small deal. ON the other hand, like many here say, the next bike will be the last. I just sold the last BMW I will ever own. I want a bike that is reliable and safe. I can wait about 4~8 months, save up, and pay cash for the new 6B with ABS. So its a hard decision. If it does have the Duo-Lever on the front, that is also an Incredible step forward in ride compliance, safety, increased fun factor. I weigh all of this against the fact that in 10 to 15 years I won't want to ride so much due to decreasing physical abilities. So I am thinking of getting the new 6B, and ride it into the ground so to speak. It should cost less to own over time... i am guessing.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Yup, got my 2015 F6, set up the way I like it. Only 42000 miles, no need to trade, now. Besides, it's still all speculation about a "new" Wing. Seeing is believing. Not pictures on the internet.
    $5.00 says we'll see a new Wing and a new F6B on 10/24/2017.
    $0.02 says they'll release them with a paint job better than the 2013 Black F6B.

how good is your Honda?

GaTeach
    Me and Sweet Georgia go together like soup beans and cornbread.