Ultimate Seat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Seat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ultimate Seat

I’ve seen a lot on here about the Russel Daylong seat. I’m just not a fan of sending my the oem seat to be worked on. If you don’t like it, you’re stuck with it.

I’ve been looking into a Ultimate seat. I’ve read good things. Are there any people on here that has one that could speak about it?

I’m thinking about getting one with both the rider and passenger seat.

TIA..👌🏼

Find another OEM seat?
    Many people sell theirs, but shipping can be epic.
    Try a dealer or local shop...trike conversion place...local F6B owner who wants to get rid of his for $100...
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I have the Ultimate Mid Rider. Very comfortable, gives more support than the stock seat. It seems to have raised me, slightly, and just a bit forward. I think it feels forward, because the "butt" support it more straight as the OEM was slanted towards the rear. I don't carry a passenger, so I can't give any info about the back seat.

Ult. Seat

I’d bet a lot of us have the Stock seat laying around -should get rid of it because I’m never going back- don’t forget to use our deep well of info “search” you’ll read for hours on seats alone. I love my ultimate seat

I have an Ultimate on a VTX and it is great. I was all prepared to install one on the F6B even went to the factory to check them out. Unfortunately the Big Boy I wanted does not really set you backwards any more than the stock seat as it does on the X and that is what I was looking for as well as comfort. I also think that it looks better than any of the others, really liked the silver stripe offered. After a while trying to decide what features and adjustments I wanted and how to pay for a RDL I came to like the stock seat. Have traveled all day on it and it does just fine for me.

Will the Ultimate King seat (without backrests) fit with the OEM backrest installed?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I have an Ultimate seat on the 6B and I am very happy with it. I had an Ultimate on my 1999 Valkyrie which was very comfortable so there was no hesitation on my part to put one on the B. No regrets, long days in the saddle are a non issue now.I have about 12,000 miles on the seat now and it still looks brand new. I really like mine and think they make a quality product.

Quote Originally Posted by bgd8rd View Post
    I’ve seen a lot on here about the Russel Daylong seat. I’m just not a fan of sending my the oem seat to be worked on. If you don’t like it, you’re stuck with it.

I’ve been looking into a Ultimate seat. I’ve read good things. Are there any people on here that has one that could speak about it?

I’m thinking about getting one with both the rider and passenger seat.

TIA..👌🏼
    If you can take a week off and do a ride in appt at Russell, where they make the seat that day and can adjust it to your exact specifications. Ultimate only has a 14 day return, you pay shipping both ways, there no way you can tell if that seat is going to fit you in 2 weeks, it will never reach full compression in that short of time. Even with my Russell it took about a 1000 miles before I felt even the slightest compression. I mailed mine away to Russell and with the ht/weight inseam, pictures etc. you give them they have it down to a science. Humble opinion.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Take a look at the Mustang seat as well. I did a lot of research, checked everything out, and was all set to buy an Ultimate. Then a friend mentioned he had a brand new Mustang seat sitting in a closet. He had purchased it and couldn't return it (He HAS to have a backrest for medical reasons and didn't realise that Mustang doesn't do backrests on their F6B seats). He was willing to sell it dirt cheap.

Since I didn't quite have the scratch on hand yet for the Ultimate, I bought his Mustang thinking it would at least get me off of that TERRIBLE stock seat while I got funds together for the Ultimate. That was over a year ago....and I'm still on the Mustang. Not because of money...but because the Mustang is just that good.

The Mustang sits you about an inch to an inch and a half lower and maybe half an inch further back. I am 6'3 and would really like to sit little higher instead of lower BUT....BUT...that inch down makes one HELLUVA difference in the way the bike handles. It really is amazing. I'm an engineer by schooling and, if you'd told me how much difference it makes I'd not have believed you. But just the small amount that inch changes the center of gravity makes a world of difference.

Yes, I'd LIKE to have a little more legroom. But I don't want it so bad that I'd even dream of giving up the way my bike rides with this seat.

Definitely worth looking into before you go spending big money on any aftermarket seat.

.....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

My "B" had a Ultimate when I brought it. It's a good seat but RDL is the best MC saddle I've ever sat my butt on (I've had 2). Get one, you won't be sorry & your butt will be smiling.