Thanks for the clarification. I just need to get me a 6ft iphone cable and run it up to my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
Sorry, didn't make it quite clear. Most folks can plug their iPhones into the left rear trunk USB port and it connects to the system and shows up under the AUX as ipod with full track control and ability to scroll through playlists, mine would never connect despite Herculean efforts on my part. Mine is a 13 and maybe has something funky with the firmware.

I had given up trying to connect and had been messing with Bluetooth but was never too happy with the sound, I found this unit and was going to install it but tried connecting my phone via Lightning cable to trunk USB on a whim and it works now. The only difference is the newest IOS version, they must've changed something in the MFI (Made For iPod) software because I have never been able to connect before.

So now that I can connect via USB I'm just gonna run a cable up to the center cubby and connect my phone in there.
It's important to be able to keep eyes on the road which is why I've tried so hard to get track control on the stock handlebar switches.

There are a few other people who've been unable to connect so I was trying to get the word out to try it again if they've upgraded their OS.
BTW, the Bluetooth unit linked above sounds great if you're looking for one, unfortunately it doesn't allow for track control.