Thinking full Wing...due to ABS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking full Wing...due to ABS

Why not trade it in on a Canadian F6B they have had ABS since 2013. The ride back home would be great.

I have had this thought more than once...including today! I have three Canada border crossings within a three hour drive. I should check into this...however, I am guessing it will be a hassle...converting the instrument cluster, paying duty, ensuring it is USA compliant, etc. Still, worth considering as this would solve all of my concerns (plus getting CC on 2015+)!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I have had this thought more than once...including today! I have three Canada border crossings within a three hour drive. I should check into this...however, I am guessing it will be a hassle...converting the instrument cluster, paying duty, ensuring it is USA compliant, etc. Still, worth considering as this would solve all of my concerns (plus getting CC on 2015+)!
    As a stray thought...some unfortunate has probably wrecked one thru any number of scenarios...maybe find a bike salvage yard up that way and purchase the ABS system...I have no idea what adding it would entail, however the core bike is the same.

I think what I am going to do is just keep riding the F6 for a couple more seasons, then offer it up to one of you guys in the classifieds in Spring 2020. I will then go and buy a new 2020 full Wing (I really would like the additional space offered by the trunk, plus increased visibility for those behind me) with the DCT and every possible option imaginable.

Riding the F6 will just be awful for the next two years and 12-14,000 miles, but I will tough it out. <--- sarcasm.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I think what I am going to do is just keep riding the F6 for a couple more seasons, then offer it up to one of you guys in the classifieds in Spring 2020. I will then go and buy a new 2020 full Wing (I really would like the additional space offered by the trunk, plus increased visibility for those behind me) with the DCT and every possible option imaginable.

Riding the F6 will just be awful for the next two years and 12-14,000 miles, but I will tough it out. <--- sarcasm.
    Seems to me my friend that you have not been happy with your F6B since day one...No cruise, no ABS, no storage space etc. etc...Why not get rid of it now, buy the new 2018 GW and ride away with a smile on your face and perhaps not so much complaining about the F6B....Regards and ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    My bet is that Honda learned a few awful lessons with the F6B, we'll see the following standard on the new F6B as a minimum...
    1) Cruise Control
    2) ABS
    3) Canadian Tool Kit
    4) Navigation
    5) Center Stand
    6) High Quality Paint with a Clear Coat

All plus add electric reverse too (and American tool kit)

Don't want navigation, tool kit or reverse. My Garmin is much better than the ones I've used on a HD, a Honda and my Nissan. My tools are better quality and I don't park facing downhill against a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Don't want navigation, tool kit or reverse. My Garmin is much better than the ones I've used on a HD, a Honda and my Nissan. My tools are better quality and I don't park facing downhill against a wall.
    Reverse would be nice. When at home I prefer to park the bike face out and reverse would save me the aggravation of turning the B around in the garage. I have a short steep angle I cannot safely roll the B over going backwards via people power to get in my garage.