The New Yamaha Star Eluder - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The New Yamaha Star Eluder

I saw a Transcontinental while I was touring the Gaspe recently. The quality and design of it was impressive. However, it was 45 degrees F out and you could feel the heat coming off it standing next to it. Might be a good seller up this way but I can't imagine anyone would buy it I W. Texas in the summer IMHO.

Flying the colors

Not a knock, just an observation of an otherwise nice looking bagger. One of the color trim levels reminds me of the old AMF days...maybe that's intended to evoke memories that Alzheimers hasn't already taken from us older riders.

I think on the whole each manufacturer has been playing it really conservative with colors on their newest cruisers.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    OK,
    With BMW and now Yamaha with new baggers, why is there no 2017 F6B on the Honda website?
    More importantly, how can BMW sell a bagger $4k less than Honda??

Inquiring minds........
    I guess they can afford to be a little aggressive in order to maneuver into that market space. I'm also guessing the BMW-B could also be used as a way to bring new customers to BMW with the hope of up-selling them either on the sales floor, or as trade ins later.

The BMW-B Has quite a few trim level$ as I understand it.

Unlike many here, I have no problem with a V-Twin or any other engine configuration for that matter. What bothers me is that these machines are so darn heavy. I'm seriously considering dumping the "6" in favor of something in the 500 to 600 pound range.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    OK,
    With BMW and now Yamaha with new baggers, why is there no 2017 F6B on the Honda website?
    More importantly, how can BMW sell a bagger $4k less than Honda??

Inquiring minds........
    The BIG rumor is there will be a 2018 F6B based off the new GoldWing platform. The latest, coming from someone who went to WIng Ding, is that the Full New GoldWing will be revealed first with the new F6B coming a few months later.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Reminds me of a Road Glide made in Tokyo........

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Unlike many here, I have no problem with a V-Twin or any other engine configuration for that matter. What bothers me is that these machines are so darn heavy. I'm seriously considering dumping the "6" in favor of something in the 500 to 600 pound range.
    True dat. Heavy power cruisers/tourers. They are in a class all by themselves.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Congrats to Yamaha for getting in the fight. I beileive the F6B is about 50lbs lighter and still more powerful. Not interesting enough to consider a change. I just wish my black came with a clear coat......Waiting on the next Gen Wing Bagger
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    Congrats to Yamaha for getting in the fight. I beileive the F6B is about 50lbs lighter and still more powerful. Not interesting enough to consider a change. I just wish my black came with a clear coat......Waiting on the next Gen Wing Bagger
    I know it is all still just rumors and here say, but the Force is strong.

If I were inclined to trade up, so to speak, I'd be kicking myself to do so then find a few months later Honda reveals something bad ass.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I know it is all still just rumors and here say, but the Force is strong.

If I were inclined to trade up, so to speak, I'd be kicking myself to do so then find a few months later Honda reveals something bad ass.
    As I approach the ripe old age of 78, my wife of over 52 years informs me that my next bike '"WILL BE MY LAST" and I know she is most likely correct...I am really liking what I have seen out for 2018 so far, but will wait until the Spring of 18 to really check out and ride some new models...So far I am perfectly content with by F6B and unless something major changes for me I will ride it for now...As said from some I also have no issues with a V-twin as a road bike and my Victory Vision was a dream on the highway to me...No vibes, great wind protection, handled super and did what it was supposed to do....Got a little heavy for me as I got older and that is why I traded for the Honda......Only time will tell....Ride safe