2018 Goldwing, F6B - Hp, Weights and Dimensions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Goldwing, F6B - Hp, Weights and Dimensions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Well the article doesn't go into the technical specs of the transmission, but the rumor that preceded the pics with the "select group" who got to do a secret ride, said that the DCT was 7 spd and the manual will be a 6 spd. The reverse is supposed to be a real reverse gear, using the motor not the starter. It would seem it would be a bit more involved to offer a bike without such an option so I am going to assume that the B will ave the reverse.
    Oops, you beat me to it. And good point about the reverse being a gear.

Back to the removable trunk. The weight difference between the B and the Wing is only 40lbs now (used to be 80). With the looks of the seat, I am still hoping the trunk is removable.

Maybe there won't really be an F6B, just a trunkless Wing (with or without DCT)?

Anyone see any badging on the pics to show a difference from the F6B vs the Wing?
    Albuquerque, NM

I'd have thought a bigger increase in power would be warranted but I'm sure it might affect the reliability that we all like. It will still be quicker than what we have with the weight loss.

Each manufacturer that has a full dresser touring model seems to be marketing an accompanying bagger model with it...BMW, Yamaha, and Honda continuing what they started, and hopefully fixed, with their duo.

Every single person I have talked to, and admittedly this is not a large number, who has considered the F6B and went in another direction all have the same reason: no cruise (13-14) and no ABS.

Man, I hope Honda learned from these omissions....though, I notice there are surprising number of features missing from the Star Eluder that are on the TC Touring.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Each manufacturer that has a full dresser touring model seems to be marketing an accompanying bagger model with it...BMW, Yamaha, and Honda continuing what they started, and hopefully fixed, with their duo.

Every single person I have talked to, and admittedly this is not a large number, who has considered the F6B and went in another direction all have the same reason: no cruise (13-14) and no ABS.

Man, I hope Honda learned from these omissions....though, I notice there are surprising number of features missing from the Star Eluder that are on the TC Touring.
    I agree 100%. I don't want a watered down F6B . I just don't want the trunk. To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed about the horse power and torque numbers and I don't like the speed governed at 112. I rarely go that fast, but it would be nice to have the option. I would hate to be beaten in a race by a two cylinder motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post

Back to the removable trunk. The weight difference between the B and the Wing is only 40lbs now (used to be 80). With the looks of the seat, I am still hoping the trunk is removable.

Maybe there won't really be an F6B, just a trunkless Wing (with or without DCT)?

Anyone see any badging on the pics to show a difference from the F6B vs the Wing?
    According to the stats, the F6B is 10mm shorter than its big brother. That tells me it's two separate models. Too bad. I'd love a removable trunk.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    According to the stats, the F6B is 10mm shorter than its big brother. That tells me it's two separate models. Too bad. I'd love a removable trunk.
    I think that you meant 100mm. Isn't that because of no trunk hanging off the rear?

"while the F6B is down from 2605mm to 2475mm thanks to the lack of top-box."

I agree that there are probably two distinct models. But it could make sense to have one model and add or delete what you want. Come on Honda - think about it!!
    Albuquerque, NM

I would agree with you about one model. The issue to me would be the wiring that the trunk uses for the lighting, antenna, etc. and where that harness might go if you took the trunk off. Also, when I took off the front shroud for the MadStad, there's a fair amount of space under it that could be used for an electric windshield with quite a bit of extension. For the B, forget the stock 7 inch midget and put in a windshield that might go from 10 inches to 18 inches or so. Just thinkin' out loud. My main item would be reverse, since I'm most likely looking at a knee replacement down the road. Backing up, for me, is a challenge, if I've been stupid enough to not park it right way

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post

I would agree with you about one model. The issue to me would be the wiring that the trunk uses for the lighting, antenna, etc. and where that harness might go if you took the trunk off. Also, when I took off the front shroud for the MadStad, there's a fair amount of space under it that could be used for an electric windshield with quite a bit of extension. For the B, forget the stock 7 inch midget and put in a windshield that might go from 10 inches to 18 inches or so. Just thinkin' out loud. My main item would be reverse, since I'm most likely looking at a knee replacement down the road. Backing up, for me, is a challenge, if I've been stupid enough to not park it right way
    Looking at the rear of the F6b pic, behind the seat. It looks like there is a "cap" that could cover any connectors once the trunk is removed. If it was not covering something, it could have been flatter. Just being optimistic.

I read that the F6b model shield all the way down is 12" shorter than the Wing shield all the way up. Looking at the pictures and doing a little math, I am guessing that there is 4" of windshield adjustment (on both bikes) and that the F6b shield is 4" shorter than the Wing shield (did I do that right?).

Of course, all this is speculation, but fun!
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Looking at the rear of the F6b pic, behind the seat. It looks like there is a "cap" that could cover any connectors once the trunk is removed. If it was not covering something, it could have been flatter. Just being optimistic.

I read that the F6b model shield all the way down is 12" shorter than the Wing shield all the way up. Looking at the pictures and doing a little math, I am guessing that there is 4" of windshield adjustment (on both bikes) and that the F6b shield is 4" shorter than the Wing shield (did I do that right?).

Of course, all this is speculation, but fun!
    100 mm, my bad.
    I agree with you. Honda would destroy the competition with a removable trunk...until Yamaha added a removable trunk AND removable side bags.

The one issue I've read about the new Yamaha Venture is that it bakes you while stopped. No thanks. Gets hot enough in summer where I live.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    100 mm, my bad.
    I agree with you. Honda would destroy the competition with a removable trunk...until Yamaha added a removable trunk AND removable side bags.

The one issue I've read about the new Yamaha Venture is that it bakes you while stopped. No thanks. Gets hot enough in summer where I live.
    Two questions:

1. The Venture has a removable trunk and side bags...?

2. Where are you reading about the new Venture?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6