Good day for some garage time

Thread: Good day for some garage time

Good day for some garage time

Cool and rainy here today so I figured I might as well get those Ergo III's installed that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Everything went as I hoped it would, so now I just gotta wait for a better day to try 'em out.

I also have a Back Off brake light modulator that I was going to install too. I figured the best place to access the brake light wire would be at the tail/turn signal area. I quickly found out that there isn't a lot of wire to work with back there. Then I got to thinking that maybe the wire harness would be easier to access under the seat. I didn't tackle that today, so maybe someone could tell me the best/easiest area to tie into the brake wire to install the Back Off.

Appreciate any info guys.

Assuming you are adding extra lights (or you could splice the modulator into the Kuryakyn harness and not touch your OEM wiring), here is one idea (5 star approval from radi0chik): http://wingstuff.com/products/35100-...?from_search=1

While you are in there, you can make your turn signals red/yellow switchbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Assuming you are adding extra lights (or you could splice the modulator into the Kuryakyn harness and not touch your OEM wiring), here is one idea (5 star approval from radi0chik): http://wingstuff.com/products/35100-...?from_search=1

While you are in there, you can make your turn signals red/yellow switchbacks.

That is what I used to operate a "3rd" break light fired by a flasher. If your going to flash the oem tail lights you'd need to do some cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    That is what I used to operate a "3rd" break light fired by a flasher. If your going to flash the oem tail lights you'd need to do some cutting.
    He can't just splice the modulator into this inline harness ? It should then modulate everything downstream of the inline harness. It has been a while since I was in there so I can't remember all of the details.

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0000...-21GL-0813.pdf

Thanks guys. I'm not planning on adding any lights, just want to modulate the OEM brake light. I put one of these on my Valkyrie years ago and it was a pretty simple task since the wire was easily accessed behind the right side panel. This F6B is a different beast to work on. I appreciate the link to the Kury harness, I'll figure something out. I've got all Winter.