GPS

Thread: GPS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't think the curvy road feature adds much value at all. More important is the motorcycle friendly aspects of a Zumo. Not familiar with the Drive Smart line. I'm sure you like any model you end up with and upgrades are always possible. I started with a elcheepo then a Zumo 550 and now a 590. Enjoyed them all.

My question really is more geared towards whether the other features like the "curvy" road feature and any other features really made it worth while.

The answer is no.

I have a tom-tom rider 400. I rarely use the curvy road feature. On a normal GPS you can change your route by choosing 'select alternate route " this pretty much has the same effect.

If you can find a way to keep your unit water proof then you can save a boat load of money a buy a normal GPS.

If you buy a tom tom then you will get the "my drive '' app with it and this is a cool feature that allows you to log into any PC, create your route and then it will transfer to your GPS next time you power up as long as you log into the app on your GPS. Cool feature.

by the way the tom tom rider 400 says it's water proof...it's not. I'm on my 3rd replacement unit now because the screen seeps waters and condensation forms on the screen. Stay away form this model!!!!