What is the best heated jacket liner?

Thread: What is the best heated jacket liner?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Alright Ken....... now I'm jealous !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Alright Ken....... now I'm jealous !!!
    No need, Steve. You live in sunny Florida! Me, OTOH, I ride all winter in the Western NC mountains. It gets a bit "nippy" in the early mornings.
    Ken (Hornblower)

My wife got me covered from my feet , pants , jacket liner and glove liners with a dual controller a few years ago, Best Christmas present ever. It's all First Gear stuff. She shopped for deals on line. I think she got all of it for around the $400 mark. Been pretty happy with it all.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Check out: webbike.com they test all kinds of bike stuff, they'll give you all the pros & cons ==============OR ============you could move to FL. & not need one.

I luv my Gerbing gloves, I'm fairly warm blooded and don't require the liner yet. I did however freeze my hands pretty bad quading several years ago and they don't like the cold at all now. The gerbings are a high quality item. The GF has a heated jacket from Cabelas that works pretty good too.

Even in Florida I imagine at 5:00am in January / February it may be a little cold.

My thoughts are why be cold ever. I have always carried in my bag and use the heated liner whenever I need it. Keeping warm keeps your mind sharper and you happier overall. This leads to a better riding experience.

Thank you for your help.

Hopefully after I clean the connections and use a little dielectric grease my Tourmaster will work correctly again.

Stevenolts

For the past two days I've been riding in 44 degree ambient temps @ 70-80mph for roughly one hour periods; with nothing more than a Olympia mesh jacket with liner

The F6B provides some good wind protection, I can attest to that.

Netherless I shall be breaking out my Gerbing gear once I see the temps dip below 40 degree's.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537