Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
Victory was making money. The design and product was top of the line--it was a quality product. It was the poor support by Polaris and the sudden purchase of the Indian brand that caused them to dump Victory. I owned 2 and was a on the different boards for a few years. They had very loyal customers in spite of refusing to back their warranty. Most bikes gave very little trouble and ran forever.

They didn't even try to sell of Victory---probably because somebody else would grow the company---like they refused to do---and make them look foolish, so they just killed it off and left thousands of loyal customers and vendors up the well known waterway without any propulsion device. I sold mine and got a B about 2 years before all of that happened.

Not gonna say I will never buy an Indian---but it won't be a new one and it will have to be a heck of a deal.
You pretty well summed it up for the uninformed. You shit on your loyal customer base and you lose your loyal customer base. Simple economics. They didn't even have the professionalism to give their dealers a heads up beforehand. Their dealers had to find out the same way the customers did.