You meet the nicest people on Honda
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You meet the nicest people on Honda

You meet the nicest people on Honda

Remembering the Honda quote from yesteryear. So is it still true?

Sometimes..
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas F6B View Post
    Remembering the Honda quote from yesteryear. So is it still true?

For the most part I would say yes...Although many HD riders are cool and decent folks, the majority are, in my opinion, self-centered, ego maniacs who live in fantasy land on their loud, slow, obnoxious, and chromed "Hogs"..., too blind to see that there are many other bikes out there that would put theirs to shame!!!....Ride safe

Apparently not...

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    For the most part I would say yes...Although many HD riders are cool and decent folks, the majority are, in my opinion, self-centered, ego maniacs who live in fantasy land on their loud, slow, obnoxious, and chromed "Hogs"...,to blind to see that there are many other bikes out there that would put there's to shame!!!....Ride safe
    Geez man I hope you don't really believe what you're saying....live and let live (or ride)

For the most part I would say yes...Although many HD riders are cool and decent folks, the majority are, in my opinion, self-centered, ego maniacs who live in fantasy land on their loud, slow, obnoxious, and chromed "Hogs"...,to blind to see that there are many other bikes out there that would put there's to shame!!!....Ride safe
    As I have said B4-
    Most HD riders today have bought the bike out of a bucket list wish.
    To be Koool.
    They did not grow up with motorcycles.
    They have always liked the thought of one.
    I am not sure they even deserve one.
    They sold their souls to make sure they had retirement and stufffffff.
    Now they want to fit in somewhere.
    Today's bunch could not tell you a damn thing about the bike.
    Oh, they can mention some cliches!
    "AMF sucks"....LOL
    Ptt pudd heads.
    They are white-knuckled at 45MPH.
    Every time I see a string of cars going slow, it is always because some "Hog"
    rider is hogging the road and too stupid to move over for a moment and let traffic by.
    Or perhaps too scared to look in the mirrors....
    Yes, i have always owned Harleys and currently, have a Road King too.
    I think I know what I am talking about.

As an owner of Harley Davidson stock - I TRULY appreciate those in-duh-viduals (self-included) who buy into that lifestyle.

However, my Isleen and I will not be separated any time soon.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Flhfxd View Post
    Geez man I hope you don't really believe what you're saying....live and let live (or ride)
    Believe what you feel is necessary in your world, but most of the Harley riders I have been around are just so "stuck on themselves" and the HD image thing, that can't see beyond the end of their nose...Most hang-out in the dealer lots, polish the chrome, drink some beers, and discuss how many times their bike has broken down...I live in an neighborhood that has 4 HD's in the area and they all act alike...Ride with no helmets, tattoos up the "ying-yang, exhausts so loud you can hear them from 1/2 mile away. and man do they think they are "cool".....If they only knew!!!....Ride safe

Believe what you feel is necessary in your world, but most of the Harley riders I have been around are just so "stuck on themselves" and the HD image thing, that can't see beyond the end of their nose...Most hang-out in the dealer lots, polish the chrome, drink some beers, and discuss how many times their bike has broken down...I live in an neighborhood that has 4 HD's in the area and they all act alike...Ride with no helmets, tattoos up the "ying-yang, exhausts so loud you can hear them from 1/2 mile away. and man do they think they are "cool".....If they only knew!!!....Ride safe
    Prolly 'cause your nearer to Milwaukee than others... isn't that the bastion of Harley Davidson?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Yes Harley Corporation has done an impressive job of marketing Hollywood to the gullible. Most HD riders I know (myself included) just like to ride a lot and drink beer. And talk a lot about bikes, our kids, girls, the latest backyard project and the like. I can't wait to get me an F6B. My buddies think it's a cool idea too. Dypshits are not brand specific...they're all around us. Ride safe.