Packing up a stock seat

Thread: Packing up a stock seat

Packing up a stock seat

Hey all. I haven't really shipped much in my life. Where would I find a box to pack and ship a stock seat if I list it for sale? I actually have 2 stock seats. One with a driver backrest installed. Any advise on packing and shipping welcome.

My Russell came in 2 boxes taped together from them. I bought a stock seat earlier from someone in Ohio and it came the same way. I would measure the seat, take half the length, add several more inches to that length, and tape 'em together with strapping tape with the threads in it. Then tape it long ways a bunch. It won't come apart. My seat to Russell, Dallas to CA., was about $80 UPS.

You might go to an appliance store and get some big cardboard to make a box from.

I shipped a stock seat from UPS once. They have a box large enough to accommodate the stock seat with padding. For the life of me, I can't recall what they called it... guitar box maybe.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

If all else fails, go to U-Haul and get one of their garment boxes with the hanger attached up top. If that's not big enough, I can't help you any further! You could probably put 2 seats in that thing. You could include 6 briskets and 4 pork shoulders in the garment box with the seat. Have him smoke the briskets while he installs your seat.......(Make sure he pays you for the meat).

I was going to suggest U-Haul of Walmart, Lowes/Home Depot or a bicycle store. I've used all of these in the past for large boxes without any issues.

It will be no problem finding a box, but check USPS for shipping rates it is the same as UPS but you can get it over night for the same
    price that is what I did with Gl1800 seat.
    UPS was five days from Virginia to OK.