Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
Believe what you feel is necessary in your world, but most of the Harley riders I have been around are just so "stuck on themselves" and the HD image thing, that can't see beyond the end of their nose...Most hang-out in the dealer lots, polish the chrome, drink some beers, and discuss how many times their bike has broken down...I live in an neighborhood that has 4 HD's in the area and they all act alike...Ride with no helmets, tattoos up the "ying-yang, exhausts so loud you can hear them from 1/2 mile away. and man do they think they are "cool".....If they only knew!!!....Ride safe
The trade off IME is that HD groups are a lot more inclusive than other groups...Mostly as they are trying to sell you on the "lifestyle". However like it or not Mother Honda has her fair share of jerks too. HD riders may generally be the most arrogant but many Wing and Beamer guys aren't that far behind... Back when I rode a Yamaha V-Star I had several run ins with Wing riders and Beamerites in groups that were very noninclusive. Either let me pass or don't ride like asshats just because I dropped into formation with you.