Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
Well, Jimmy, it's like this...I didn't think it would be good "form" to start posting about my new KB on the F6B forum. I will say this though...one of the main reasons I went to the Beemer was to hopefully get more cornering clearance. And, I chose the new KB over the GT or GTL due to seat height. If I was taller with longer legs I would have gone another route. Cornering clearance with the KB is significantly better BUT I have already managed to find it's limit as well. This is what happens when you ride with Big Dawg and friends. They're all riding S1000XR's now so the "keeping up" game has escalated considerably. If I was buying today, and seeing what Honda has now introduced, I would have to ride both the KB and the new GW and compare them very carefully. I see that the new GW is more narrow so that may mean the cornering clearance has been improved. Frankly, you probably can't go wrong either way. It sure is great to have choices like this (as long as you can afford it ). --Ken
I wonder how the new Wings compare with cornering clearance. Just from pictures, it looks like they may have more clearance. For me , I think one of the great limiting factors on cornering clearance has been the compression of the suspension coming into corners hard. What ground clearance you do have is quickly lessened by this compression. With the new front end and a whole lot less dive , I'd hope that alone will make a huge difference.

I upgraded my suspension including the Air ride in the rear. I now just add more air pressure when riding hard. It has made a difference, but I still find the limits pretty easily.