Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
I wonder how the new Wings compare with cornering clearance. Just from pictures, it looks like they may have more clearance. For me , I think one of the great limiting factors on cornering clearance has been the compression of the suspension coming into corners hard. What ground clearance you do have is quickly lessened by this compression. With the new front end and a whole lot less dive , I'd hope that alone will make a huge difference.

I upgraded my suspension including the Air ride in the rear. I now just add more air pressure when riding hard. It has made a difference, but I still find the limits pretty easily.
All good points and we'll find out soon enough. Most of the faster GW riders I've met have done something to raise the rear. You chose the Air Ride and I've seen others simply add a link to raise the ride height 1/2" or so. When you're trying to keep the seat height at a minimum for shorter legs it becomes a balancing act between height and cornering clearance. Trade offs, that's what life is all about.