At first blush, the look is nice. And the electronics have been BEGGING for an update for YEARS, so I'm glad to see that come along. But, since they let the last e-package wither on the vine for a decade or more, you know that they'll likely do the same with this lot just because they got away with it before.

I foresee troubles ahead over this generator/starter arrangement. Aluminum jacketed cylinders give me the same sense of foreboding too. And, yes....as stated earlier by someone else, that IS what killed the Vega as well as the Triumph TR7/8 (well, that and the thin aluminum engine blocks among other things too numerous to get into right now)

My guess is that whole extra inch or so of legroom won't even be enough to be noticed by most who've been having troubles with it in the past (like myself)

New front suspension...Good The present model front end wobble gets old fast.

10 years free map updates.....what they're really saying is that they intend to stop supporting the mapping information in total after ten years. A problem for those who are considering homesteading on this model. (I've an '05 Chrysler that was similarly thrown to the wolves 7 years ago. Kinda annoying to sit there staring at a worthless GPS screen all the time)

CarPlay and bluetooth....good (see above)

Fly-by-wire and transponder ignition...it's about frigging time.

No mention (unless I missed it) of air filter position/replacement....which no doubt means it's still gonna be a 7 hour job or a $400 shop charge as it has been all along.

And.....from watching the accessories video, I wonder if the saddlebags are of smaller capacity than present day. They kind of look like it.

So....will I buy one? Nope, not this time. Aluminum cylinder sleeves have proven terribly unreliable in the long run. And, to be honest, I WANT the heavier wider longer bike I am currently calling home. If I wanted short, light, and skinny, I'd go buy a BMW. I KNOW my ride can make 100k+....the new one? meh...maybe yes, maybe no.

I'll let the rest of you play guinea pig for a few years.

.....sT