Quote Originally Posted by tpwood View Post
I bought my 2016 F6B as my last retirement bike, I'v been riding since 15 and now 60, I know current 1800 is the best developed engine Goldwing has ever had, I've had a 1200 and a 1500 also in the past. When I was buying the F6B, I seriously considered a Indian Chieftain, but chose the B for the reliability and longevity. I know 20 years from now when I have 300K on the B, it will still be running like new. I don't quite care for the look of the new Goldwings, to many angles for me, and just noticed a Big issue for me, looking at the engine, there is no place to put highway pegs! I've been riding with highway pegs since my first Honda CL100 (my first bike) put an engine guard on it and then put the pegs on. I ride my pegs about 90% of the time. I like the tech and I think it will compete very well. But this ones not for me.
Engine guards are there, just hidden under a black plastic cover. One of the Honda reps in another thread was reported to say they've joked about those covers will most likely be removed to mount highway pegs.