Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
As much as I would love to have a 2018 GoldWing in my garage in 3 or 4 months, I'll wait for the 2020 model year, for 3 reasons:

-1- There are so many new and complex engineering upgrades that it will take a year to pinpoint the bugs and another year for the fixes to appear in the finished product.
-2- I like my F6B and want to put more miles on it. It's a fun, reliable and very enjoyable basic motorcycle – by basic I mean without the electronics and their learning curve.
-3- Wasting another $2,700 in sales tax to Governor Jerry Brown's abject policies would make me puke (or ovomit).

Still, two years will require some will-power, especially after a test ride. I might get the itch to switch before that ...
Wisconsin used to just charge sales tax on the delta between the trade and the new vehicle. California charges taxes on the entire purchase price, irrespective of the value of the trade in. California discourages trading vehicles (as well as owning and driving them with Jerry Brown's latest general fund sodomy gas and renewal/registration taxes).