Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Just get an eighteen year old blonde with really long legs and you're all set until 83.
    Only problem with that is a certain short legged brunette might not see the advantage.

I will be in for the Gold Wing Tour. I will have the best of 2 bikes in the garage. We only go this way once and must try to enjoy as much of it as we can. Actually my chief financial officer said I could. I rented a Gold Wing for a day in Vegas and she loved it so that was half the battle.
    just can't wait to see one in person

Not me...
    I like it, but I actually like the larger fairing I have now over the new stream lined version.
    Also was surprised by the lack of rear lighting that comes stock on the tour model...would cost quite a bit to bring it up to my standards.
    So right off the bat, it would cost me an extra $1000 minimum just to add rear lights, backrest and a few other features that I consider a must have.
    My favorite feature of the new Wings is the front end upgrade, but overall I see no immediate need to trade in the F6B just yet.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    I am having a great time enjoying my bike and see no need to replace it yet. I do like a lot of the new features but they are not enough to get me to jump into something new.

That being said, I can’t wait to see a 2018 model in person.
    This is how I feel basically.

I am not done modifying my 2013 F6 yet so I don't think a new Gold Wing is in my near future but it does make me drool like one of Pavlov's dogs.

I just got my brand new 2016 that is fully debugged after years of refinement. It handles like a sport's bike and has more power than you can use unless you are out West with no speed limits or no cops. You only feel the 900 # weight when it is on your ankle.

I would have to think long and hard if Honda or a dealer offered a straight up trade for a 2018. No matter how good Honda is a designing engines and bikes, there will be weak points that start showing up when you get 1,000's of riders throughout the world doing the final "endurance" testing.

From the photos, it does not appear that they did any major line changes, but is that a two-piece wind screen like a Madstad or Wind binder?

Beside the 6 gears, is the one option a full automatic where you just screw the throttle to how fast you want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickc View Post
    I am not done modifying my 2013 F6 yet so I don't think a new Gold Wing is in my near future but it does make me drool like one of Pavlov's dogs.
    This is me^^^
    1) Mine is not paid for yet
    2) Just bought a 21" wheel (install should be complete this weekend)
    3) I'm not sure my wife and I will be as comfortable on this "smaller" version

But, I like the new electronics, weight reduction, power and torque increases.

The only thing I actually hate about my F6B is the paint quality. I may remedy that, and not upgrade for a longtime...
    The Wing was overdue for a overhaul though, I'm sure it will make a lot of people happy.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    This is me^^^
    1) Mine is not paid for yet
    2) Just bought a 21" wheel (install should be complete this weekend)
    3) I'm not sure my wife and I will be as comfortable on this "smaller" version

But, I like the new electronics, weight reduction, power and torque increases.

The only thing I actually hate about my F6B is the paint quality. I may remedy that, and not upgrade for a longtime...
    The Wing was overdue for a overhaul though, I'm sure it will make a lot of people happy.
    I had my 2013 Deluxe custom painted by the dealer before I rode it home...House of Colors, Brandywine Candy Red...Love the color and I get lots of compliments....No intention to upgrade bikes at this point as mine is great!!!....Regards