Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
I doubt our F6B's will be worth anything as a collector bike, they don't sell will now.
I though the 97-03 Valkyrie's would bring good money but they are a hard sell you can buy nice ones for $3500 - $4500.
When the time comes and I do buy a new Goldwing I will but a F6B emblem on it. I don't understand why Honda dropped the name.
They shifted away from the Bagger "style" I suppose. I would imagine that Honda is savy to what the B owners are doing right now with their B's and it revealed that they are being used more as a touring bike that anything..The Gold Wing brand remains and 2018 refines that brand just a bit more while retaining the sportiness of the non tourer. The new Wing non-tour seems more aligned with the sport tourers of today. I think calling it a Bagger was borne in marketing somewhere in the halls of Honda USA.

Quite funny as I see it. The moment BMW entered the arena with their Bagger, Honda decided they no longer wanted that identity and dropped out. BMW could have been quite surprised by the move...leaving them alone to compete with HD.