Why are most choosing snow tire

Thread: Why are most choosing snow tire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    From what I've read and digested, the move to "winter tires" was the result of a "more motorcycle tire like feeling" provided by the "stiffer run-flat side walls". That said I'll be the first to admit that single ply sidewall radial summer tires can produce some "squirm" but that is usually remedied with the "right and higher pressure" for achieving a "sweet spot"! Im my case that's usually 43PSI in the Max.
    Ride Safe
    bob109
    Bob, I was looking at the General G-Max after reading the good review you gave it but fell into a deal on the Yokohama.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Bob, I was looking at the General G-Max after reading the good review you gave it but fell into a deal on the Yokohama.
    You have a "good tire" in the Yokohama

Ok started this thread thinking snow tire guys wrong, now knowing how often I ride in below 45 degree days more confused than ever. My current ride elite 4 on front, with a super traction on dry contineltal on rear both today in no after spirited 50 miles warm to touch and were fun few degrees from peg dragging

Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    Ok started this thread thinking snow tire guys wrong, now knowing how often I ride in below 45 degree days more confused than ever. My current ride elite 4 on front, with a super traction on dry contineltal on rear both today in no after spirited 50 miles warm to touch and were fun few degrees from peg dragging
    You can't go wrong with either a summer or winter tire on the back of your F6B. Buy the tire that predominately fits the climate/weather/riding that you're in.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537