Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
Great pics. Thanks for posting those. I don't care what the crybaby naysayers say that is one beautiful motorcycle.
You're welcome and I agree with you. I walked in there with the intention of not liking the aesthetics of the 2018, based on the photos I'd seen. I had a solid list of misgivings and many good reasons to reject the new angular design, including my appreciation for the rounded, organic shapes of the current model. I knew that seeing the 2018s would just reinforce all my preconceptions. But it took about 30 seconds to change all that. Photos don't do it justice. It's hard to explain, but every line and every detail just flows together as you walk around the bike. There is no bad angle, just a tight, well-designed package that owes as much to CAD/CAM as it does to its designers.

There are some technical choices that could be questioned, like the smaller fuel tank, the absence of hydraulic valve adjustments (even Harley has them) and the aluminum sleeves, which may or may not be as durable. Time will tell. But the looks of the bike are impeccable, especially if you like the "form follows function" philosophy.

That's just my opinion, of course. For the record, I don't work for Honda, or for a Honda dealer. I just spend some of my money on their toys.